How to Get Your Boarding Pass
Guest are required to provide us with check-in information by completing their Online Check-in and selecting their Arrival Appointment, within 45* days of the departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to the sailing date.
* Please note: For the time being, while we complete work to our Online Check-in platform, Online Check-in can be accessed within 10 days of departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to the sailing date.
Please note - We recommend using a desktop computer should you encounter connectivity issues with your mobile device while completing Online Check-in.
In order to print your boarding pass, please follow these instructions:
- Go to https://www.carnival.com/BookedGuest/ or select 'Manage My Booking'.
- Create an account if you have not done so already. You will need to provide your Carnival booking number (or cabin level booking number for Group guests-IBR), guest last name, date of birth, ship name and sail date.
- Log in with your email address or username and password.
- From the ‘To Do List’, select 'Online Check-In' and complete the following necessary information: Guest Information, Travel Documentation, Travel Plans, Arrival Appointment, Onboard Expense Account, Cruise Preferences and finally accept the Cruise Ticket Contract.
- Select 'View Cruise Documents' (check all boxes).
- From E-Document, you may print your boarding pass and luggage tags.
- You can print your boarding pass if your booking is paid in full and Online Check-in is complete or incomplete.
- You may also 'Print Documents' from 'My Cruise Manager' page; here you can print luggage tags, boarding passes and general information such as the booking summary, invoice, purchased services and travel notes.
Online Check-in ends at midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date; after that time, you will not be able to access Online Check-in. At embarkation, you will need to provide check-in information to our staff.
On embarkation day, a boarding pass will be emailed to your email address that is linked to your reservation profile, whether Online Check-in has been completed or not. At embarkation, you may show your printed boarding pass or the boarding pass on your mobile phone.
To review Online Check-in Frequently Asked Questions, click here.