Online Check-In FAQs
Is the Online Check-In secure?
Yes, your transaction is secured with industry-standard encryption, secure via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), and this application is regularly monitored by third-party security audit firms, including McAfee and VeriSign.
How do I access Online Check-In?
To access Online Check-In, follow these instructions.
How do I complete Online Check-In?
To complete Online Check-In, follow these instructions.
Can I accept cruise ticket contract for minors in another stateroom?
In order to accept the cruise ticket contract for minors, an adult must accept the contract for the minor(s) by signing the contract.
What does the 'Same As' feature in Online Check-In do?
'Same As' feature allow guests to quickly and easily gather information from another guest on the same booking and enter it into their check-in. Example: You and a friend traveling together in the same stateroom have the same emergency contact. Once you have entered this information, your friend can easily apply the same information by the click of a button.
Why does Carnival need my travel Information?
We want to make sure that your cruise is not only fun, but hassle-free. That is why we request that you provide us with your travel plans. In the unlikely event of an emergency, this information will put us in a better position to help.
Why does Carnival need emergency contact information?
In the unlikely event of an emergency, this information will put us in a better position to help.
How do I get my boarding pass?
To get your boarding pass, follow these instructions.
On embarkation day, a boarding pass will be emailed to your email address that is linked to your reservation profile, whether Check-in has been completed or not. At embarkation, you may show the boarding pass on your mobile phone.
Onboard Expense Account
Why is onboard expense account information necessary?
Carnival operates on a cashless credit program onboard which allows you to charge all your services, gratuities and purchases during your cruise to your stateroom. All locations on board will accept your Sail & Sign card (onboard expense account) for payment; the casino will also accept cash. A credit card or cash deposit is needed to establish your personal on board account. Carnival requires that each guest is linked to an onboard expense account. Individual guests can have their charging privileges enabled or disabled at any time by the primary account holder.
How do I set-up a minor's onboard expense account?
Adults are the only ones that can set-up an account for minors. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Add or access your adult booking via 'Manage My Booking' at https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest/
- Go to Online Check-In
- Select 'Onboard Expense Account'
- Select form of payment (credit or cash) and complete account set-up
- When setting up charging privileges, select 'include guest from another booking/stateroom' link to add the minors
How do I set up onboard expense account for family members in another booking/stateroom?
Within Online Check-In, step 4 of the onboard expense process, 'Charging Privileges', you will be given the option to 'include guests from another booking'. You will need to know their booking number and last name.
Why does Carnival place holds on credit cards used during the sailing?
For our your convenience, Carnival validates the credit/debit card to ensure there is funding. This prevents any onboard expense account concerns while on your cruise vacation.
Please note, if any payment is given to replace credit/debit card previously used, the hold will remain on your account. This will reduce the amount of funds available on your credit/debit card account. The release of this hold is entirely up to the issuing bank. It can take up to 5-7 business days after your cruise return.
How do I change my payment options once I have completed Online Check-In?
If you need to change your initial payment option, go to Carnival.com and click on Manage My Booking. Log in and access Online Check In, Onboard Expenses:
- If changing credit card number or debit card number, use DELETE feature and add new credit card or debit card information.
- If changing from cash to credit card/debit card or vice versa, use DELETE feature and change your payment preference.
How can I book shore excursions online?
In order to purchase a shore excursion, please follow the steps below:
- Login or access your booking via 'Manage My Booking' at https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest/
- Select 'View Details' to view specific information about your cruise vacation
- Click on 'Plan Activities' link within the 'To-Do' list located on the top right of the page
- Click on 'Shore Excursions Add to Cart' button within the 'Plan Activities' page
- Pick and choose which shore excursions are right for your cruise vacation