Minor Guest Policy
Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided at embarkation.
Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older
- The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.
- The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.
- When minors (18 and under) are not traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel.
- Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.
- Minors Traveling Together: The policy is slightly different because of stricter guidelines as follows:
- Must have 1 chaperone for every 8 minors
- Prepaid gratuities per minor are due at final payment
- 8 or more staterooms must be booked through the Group Department and a $100 damage deposit per minor will be charged.
Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:
- Guests 12 and younger
If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
- Guests 13 - 17 years of age
Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
- Guests 18 – 20 years of age
Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.
Exceptions: Guests under the age of 21 may travel without a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older under the following conditions:
- For both exceptions below, bookings should be carefully documented.
- Documentation should be e-mailed prior to the cruise to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-carried to embarkation. Failure to provide documentation or not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided.
Legally married couples, including same gender couples
- Proper documentation must be submitted.
- Documentation includes: marriage license issued by the County Clerk’s Office; legal proof of civil union; for newly married couples: a copy of the marriage license application or certificate signed by the official that performed the ceremony.
Qualified Military Personnel
- Applies to US Military Personnel and Canadian National Defense personnel (and their traveling companions in the same stateroom) of 18 – 20 years of age.
- Copy of proof of service must be submitted.
For additional minor age restriction information while onboard, click here.