Camp Ocean Infants Under-2: Things to Know
We know that even the smallest campers want to have fun! Camp Ocean® offers special play times for tiny tots, under 2 years, to enjoy. If your child is turning 2 years old during your cruise they are welcome to join our Penguin® group, ages 2 to 5.
Sign In/Out Policy
- All children must be registered by a parent/guardian prior to participating in any Youth Programs.
- Carnival’s policy is to group children together according to their age. The age is determined according to the child’s birth date.
- Parent/guardian can authorize other guests (over the age of 18) during online registration or once on board in order to sign in/out their children from activities.
- The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
Complimentary cell phones are available to parents/guardians on a case by case basis; priority goes to younger children. The phone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign® card if the phone is lost.
- The Youth Staff will distribute wristbands to all children 12 years of age and younger. These wristbands will indicate your muster station in bold letters and must be worn at all times. As parent/guardian, it is your responsibility to ensure that your child wears the wristband throughout the duration of the cruise.
- If at any time during the voyage, a child loses or breaks his/her wristband, replacement bands are available at Youth Facilities or Guest Services.
- If your child is participating in a supervised “sign-in” youth activity, in the unlikely event of an emergency, you will be reunited with your child at your assigned muster station. Upon hearing a “Crew Alert” announcement, all activities will stop and children will be gathered and guided to their assigned muster station. At that time, parent/guardian must proceed to their staterooms (if safe to do so) to collect their life jacket, and that of their child’s, before proceeding to their assigned muster station.
Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to participate in Camp Ocean and/or Night Owls. Parents should provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.
The youth staff may not administer any medication to any child participating in the youth programs. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens and self-using inhalers are permitted in the youth programs. Epi-pens and self-using inhalers cannot be expired. If a child requires regular medication while attending, parents/guardians must return to administer the medication. If a child becomes unruly or ill as a result of parent/guardian not administering medication, the child will not be permitted back into the program.
Hours (time/activity may vary based on cruise itinerary)
Children under the age of 2 are welcome to join Camp Ocean programming and Night Owls during specific times. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries.
- There are limited times throughout the cruise for ‘Under 2' time. During these times, parents/guardians have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus an 18% gratuity, per child) – or - they can stay and use the camp facility at no charge. This time is designated for the use of 'Under 2’s' and parents/guardians only. Check on board for specific times offered. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries.
- While in port, parents/guardians have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus an 18% gratuity, per child), however, we do not provide care during meal times for children 'Under 2'; parents/guardians must return from port at this time.
- Night Owls (babysitting fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus an 18% gratuity, per child).
- From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the Camp Ocean facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (ages 2-11) participating in Night Owls. Cribs are available if needed.
Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities on board, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water sports include pools, spray parks, waterslides and whirlpools.