Carnival’s Seuss at Sea Program
Carnival's Seuss at Sea™ Program is fleet wide!
From the whimsical and always wonderful world of Dr. Seuss comes Cats in Hats, Fish Red and Blue, and both kinds of Things — 1 and 2. And they’re all coming to a Carnival cruise near you with Seuss at Sea!
Dr. Seuss’s timeless stories are the kind kids memorize, and this is the kind of cruise you’ll remember for a lifetime. The whole family will still enjoy all the classic Carnival activities, but the little ones and their families will also enjoy an all-new, extra-special experience as the fantastical world of Dr. Seuss comes to life around them. Enjoy a special onboard character parade, interactive story time, arts & crafts activities, character breakfast and more, featuring their favorite Dr. Seuss characters. Seuss at Sea truly brings your child’s favorite books to life.
Activities and Events
Kids and their families will enjoy an all-new, extra-special experience as the fantastical world of Dr. Seuss comes to life around them. Seuss at Sea activitivies appeal to the young and the young at heart!
- Ships will have a selection of classic books and themed activities for children to enjoy.
- At times during the voyage, children and families will have the chance to meet and interact with favorite Dr. Seuss characters and participate in special photo opportunities in front of a unique backdrop that will certainly pop in the family photo album.
- The Seuss-a-palooza™ Parade, where guests can join Dr. Seuss characters in a fun parade along the Promenade.
- A variety of Dr. Seuss-themed retail items are available for purchase at www.carnival.com/FunShops/seuss-at-sea or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET.
Dr. Seuss Bookville
Dr. Seuss Bookville™ is a unique and dedicated Seuss-themed family reading and play space featuring iconic décor, colors, shapes and funky furniture inspired by the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss.
- The perfect place for families to relax, unwind and enjoy each other’s company; guests can read one of many available Dr. Seuss books or stretch their imagination through other family-fun activities including Dr. Seuss-board games and puzzles. Open morning until late at night (closed during lunch and dinner hours).
- Dr. Seuss Bookville is on the Carnival Celebration™, Carnival Freedom®, Carnival Horizon®, Carnival Panorama™, Carnival Vista® and Mardi Gras™.
To kids, anytime is a good time for story time. But story time with Dr. Seuss aboard a Carnival cruise is unlike any they’ve experienced on land. Seuss-a-palooza™ Story Time is a memorable reading event hosted by the cruise director, complete with character appearances and audience participation.
- Kids and their families parade throughout the ship with the beloved Dr. Seuss characters and Seuss-ical props to the Main Lounge, for the start of Seuss-a-palooza Story Time.
- Hosted each voyage in the Main Lounge in front of a grand Seussian tent, kids are invited to sit on stage for this unique and memorable story reading of one of Dr. Seuss’s classic books – Horton Hears a Who!
- Once they are settled, kids and their parents are treated to a story ready unlike any other. Volunteer guests (kids and parents) are selected to come onstage and help tell the story. This interactive reading also includes audience participation and a special character appearance that encourages participation from audience members, young and old.
Pack your imagination, but don’t forget your appetite as the whole family embarks on a breakfast that’s part meal, and part journey into the deliciously whimsical world of Dr. Seuss. Sit down to a truly fantastical feast at Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends™. Bright colors and patterns decorate your table, which features fun and unique menus.
Feast! Feast! Feast! Lose yourself exploring a delicious menu where you’ll find ‘Green Eggs and Ham’, brightly colored fruit, gravity-defying pancake stacks, funky french toast, ‘Moose Juice’ ‘n’ ‘Goose Juice’… and much more. (Classic breakfast offerings are available as well.) Breakfast is also the perfect time to meet and greet the stars of Dr. Seuss — characters will be around for special photo opportunities and fun interactions, making this a meal to remember.
- The special breakfast will take place once per cruise, typically on a sea day morning, in the main dining room at 8:30am and 9:30am.
- Scheduling is based on itinerary, so once on board, guests will be notified of the day the event will occur.
- The cost is $6 USD per guest, including children; an automatic 18% gratuity will be added.
- Bright colors and patterns decorate the dining room and tables.The Carnival wait staff set the tone with Dr. Seuss-inspired uniforms.
- The unique menu includes ‘Green Eggs and Ham’, brightly colored fruit, gravity-defying pancake stacks, funky French toast, ‘Moose Juice’ ‘n’ ‘Goose Juice’… and much more. Classic breakfast offerings are available as well.
- Popular Dr. Seuss characters such as the Cat in the Hat, Thing One and Thing Two, and Sam-I-am will join guests for fun interactions and one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.
Reservations are highly recommended but ‘walk-ins’ are welcome as well and will be seated, space permitting; during peak seasons, reservations may be necessary.
Reservations can be made prior to your cruise on Carnival.com by accessing 'Manage My Booking' or 'Manage My Cruises' up to 48 hours prior to your sail date. To secure your reservation, payment is required at time of making your dining reservation. Reservations can also be made on board by contacting the reservation line (extension 32323). The phone extension is also listed in the ‘Fun Times’ newsletter.
We will begin accepting dining reservations on the Carnival Celebration and Mardi Gras at a later date, to be determined.