Carnival's Wi-Fi Service and HUB App
To keep you connected while at sea, every one of our ships provides satellite Internet access at our Internet Cafés and through the bow-to-stern ship-wide Wi-Fi network.
What plans are offered?
We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Our ships feature awesome internet plans.
Social Wi-Fi Plan
Access the most popular social websites and applications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Does not include access to most websites and email. Does not support Skype or access to video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported. Prices are based on cruise-long plans and are subject to change without prior notice: Pre-Cruise price: $6.80 USD per day | Onboard price: $8.00 USD per day | Onboard price for 24 hour plan: not applicable.
Value Wi-Fi Plan
Access popular social websites, email and applications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites as well as news, entertainment (not including streaming sites), sports, weather, banking and finance. Post pictures of your trip and make your friends jealous. Faster speeds than the Social Plan. Does not support Skype or access to video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported. Prices are based on cruise-long plans and are subject to change without prior notice: Pre-Cruise price: $10.20 USD per day | Onboard price: $12.00 USD per day | Onboard price for 24 hour plan: $16.00 USD.
Premium Wi-Fi Plan
Our Premium Wi-Fi plan provides you access to all sites under the Social and Value Plans at the fastest possible connection on board (3 times faster than the Value Plan). Our Premium Plan also supports Skype calling where coverage allows. Does not support access to video and music streaming (such as Netflix*, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported. Prices are based on cruise-long plans and are subject to change without prior notice: Pre-Cruise price: $14.45 USD per day | Onboard price: $17.00 USD per day | Onboard price for 24 hour plan: $25.00 USD.
*Carnival Horizon, Carnival Sunrise and Carnival Vista are Netflix enabled, so you can use the Netflix app and your Netflix account to watch your favorite shows!
Guests can upgrade from one plan to another and can use multiple devices per plan, including their smart phone, laptop or shipboard Internet cafe but only one device can be used at a time.
How to purchase a plan?
Before Your Cruise: We offer guests the opportunity to pre-purchase Internet plans at a discounted rate online via the 'Manage My Booking' tab on carnival.com, send as a gift to family and friends through The Fun Shops or call our Fun Shops department at 1-800-522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 9:00am-9:00pm ET. When pre-purchasing, guests must purchase a plan that covers the entire duration of their cruise. Plans may be pre-purchased online up to 11:59pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure (or up to 9:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure, if calling our Fun Shops department). Daily plans are available for purchase on board.
What restrictions are there?
Please note that as our services are carried via satellite; there are a few limitations compared to your home network.
- Only one device at a time can connect to Wi-Fi.
- Satellite internet speed may vary depending on location and time of day.
- Access to certain sites such as mature or violent content is blocked.
- VPN connections are not supported - discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
- Pricing for plans purchased pre-cruise vary from plans purchased at time of sailing.
- No refunds after plan is activated on board.
What are some tips to improve the experience?
- Once you board, turn Airplane Mode ‘On’ and connect to Carnival Wi-Fi. By using Airplane Mode, you avoid roaming fees charged by your carrier. Airplane Mode is typically found in your phone’s Settings.
- To benefit from faster speeds, turn off background app data services and updates
- Discuss VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
- Get the most from your cruise Internet time and your trip — make sure you are powered up and prepared before you board the ship with this handy pre-cruise checklist. Here are a few things you want to remember to pack for your cruise:
- Wi-Fi enabled laptop and mobile devices
- Power supply for each of the devices you are bringing with you
- Data cables to transfer pictures
Do you have public computers onboard?
All of our ships feature areas with publicly accessible computers, which are open twenty four hours a day. You may use your existing internet plan with them, if you have one. These are Microsoft Windows based PCs with standard internet browsers. They do not offer MS Office or other specific software. You may not install your own software on them. Printing is offered at no charge.
Carnival's HUB App
Which ships offer the Carnival HUB App?
All of our ships are HUB App capable.
Where do the features of the App work?
Some features are available before your cruise but more functionalities become available once on board your Carnival ship.
What does the Carnival HUB App do?
The following features are available at the touch of your fingertips, before your cruise and while on board your Carnival ship.
Before Your Cruise:
- Plan your cruise
- Purchase gifts and services
- Schedule spa treatments
- Book shore excursions
- Purchase WiFi plans
- Schedule dining reservations
- Complete Online Check-In
- And much more!!
- What's Happening:
- A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of onboard events, available for the full cruise as soon as you embark. Includes a 'favorites' feature that also allows guests to see which events their sailing companions will attend.
- A day-by-day schedule of onboard youth programming and activities with the ability to "like" favorites to receive reminders and updates. In addition, a variety of family-friendly programming is highlighted such as Build-A-Bear Workshop at Sea, Hasbro, The Game Show, Seuss at Sea, Zumbini and outdoor attractions.
- Food & Drinks: A comprehensive list of delicious dining options, dining-related events and dining menus, enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events. Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board.
- Pizza Delivery: On all ships (with exception of Carnival Fascination), the ability to order pizza for delivery to almost anywhere on board. We deliver to your stateroom as well as your deck chair by the pool! (Fees apply).
- Deck Plans: Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings.
- Account Balance: Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance.
- Pixels Photos: On ships that feature Pixels Digital Photo Gallery, you will be able to view your photos on the app and order digital or print copies.
- Onboard Chat Access: The opportunity to chat with family & friends on board all cruise long from the comfort of your deck chair (this feature is limited to ages 13 years and older; for safety reasons, parents and guardians must give consent within the app for a guests 12 years and younger to activate onboard chat.)
- And much more!!
The name of the App is Carnival HUB app. Look for the app on Google Play and iTunes to download. You can also download the App from Carnival's website by clicking here.
- IOS/Apple iPhone versions supported: IOS 10.0 and up - this includes iPods
- Android/Google versions supported: 6.0 (aka Marshmallow) and up