Shore Excursion ‘Pre-Sail’ Information
You can book, manage and cancel your shore excursions online at Carnival.com.
The following departments may be contacted for any inquiries pertaining to the Pre-Sail of Shore Excursions online.
Shore Excursion detail questions (excluding Faster to the Fun inquiries)
- Telephone calls not accepted
- Travel agents and guests may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include:
- In subject line: Include ship name and sail date
- In body of email: Include specific information such as port name and exact shore excursion name
- Email response within 48-72 hours
- Billing or payment questions
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am-6:30pm ET and Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm ET
For technical questions, contact Online Support at 1-800-845-2599, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am to10:00pm ET.
- Online Support is not the Shore Excursion Desk nor can they book shore tours for our guests but they will guide them through the process of booking their tours online on Carnival.com or assist with website related issues.
- The shore tour information and description that is available on Carnival.com is the same information that Online Support specialists have access to. If there is additional information needed beyond what is displayed in carnival.com, guests will need to send an email to email@example.com (see details above).
Shore excursions may be booked online prior to sailing up until the Pre-Sail cut-off time, 11:30pm ET the evening prior to the cruise departure. Shore excursions generally open for sale 6 to 18 months prior to the cruise. All excursions for 2018 sail dates should be available for purchase by late spring.
For sailings where an itinerary change has occurred, there may be a delay as we are awaiting confirmation from our tour operators before loading tours in our system. If an excursion is sold-out, it will still display and say ‘Sold-Out’.
Note: 100% of the tour inventory is offered online; tour tickets are not held for the purpose to be sold on board. After the online Pre-Sail, the remaining inventory will be available on the departure day on board the ship. Due to availability, we strongly suggested that guests take advantage of ordering their shore excursions in advance, online, in order to avoid disappointment once on board.
After fully depositing your cruise booking, you can purchase shore excursion online at Carnival.com. In order to do this, you must be registered with the site. Only shore excursions relevant to the specific itinerary booked will be shown. Desired selections can be booked and placed in ‘My Shopping Cart’ for review. Full payment is due upon completion of the order process at ‘Check Out’. For a list of acceptable forms of payment, click here. A confirmation page with order number will be available online in a print friendly format.
- Guests who do not have a cabin level booking number (not booked) can use the 'browse mode' to view shore excursions offered by port; the actual price will not be shown but a price indicating 'Price from $'.
- Guests who have a cabin level booking number but are not fully deposited will be able to view the shore excursions offered for their particular sail date; the actual price will not be shown but a price indicating 'Price from $'.
- Shore Excursion pricing may vary depending on the departure time.
- The tour price is locked in at the time of Pre-Sail.
- Travel agents are not compensated (with commission) to assist with shore excursion orders but may do so for their client.
- Shore Tours are not owned and operated by Carnival Cruise Line.
- For shore tours, ages 4 through 12 years old are defined as children; ages 13 through 18 years old are defined as teens; infants are defined as 3 and under.
- Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to participate in shore excursions.
- The guest may book multiple tours in the same port; a 30-minute gap between tours is required.
- Payment is required to secure tickets that are being held in 'My Shopping Cart; otherwise they are released back into inventory.
- The guest must accept shore excursion 'Terms and Conditions' in order to pre-purchase excursions.
- When the guest checks in at embarkation and the date of birth is recorded in the embarkation system, the programs will compare ages and alert the Shore Excursion Manager if there is a conflict for excursions purchased that are 'Age Restricted'. The guest will be contacted to cancel or change the excursion.
- Excursion tickets will be printed on the ship and delivered to the guest's stateroom.
- Guests are able to purchase pre and post cruise shore excursions when their booking includes air, optional transfers and/or hotel packages. Pre-cruise shore excursions will be allowed if the excursion starts at least 90 minutes after the arrival flight time. Post-cruise shore excursions will be allowed if the excursion ends at least 90 minutes before departure flight time.
- Reserving a Cabana: Cabanas can be reserved online for ships visiting Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas and Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan. If a guest would like to request a specific cabana, this will have to be done on board the ship.
- Shore Excursions for Barbados Cruise Departures: Due to system limitations, guests are unable to book shore excursions online.After browsing our shore tours online, guests may contact Carnival's Shore Excursion Department via email at BarbadosSailings@carnival.com. A representative will contact the guest within 48 business hours with pricing and a choice of departure times, if applicable. The tickets will be charged to the guest's Sail & Sign account when they board the ship and same cancellation policies, as all online bookings, will apply. The email should include the following:
- Full name as it appears on the booking
- Booking number
- Sail Date
- Port of Call
- Full excursion name
- Number of adult tickets / children tickets
Online Shore Tour Cancellations
- Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board.
- In the event of online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order; for credit card payments, it will take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on the guest’s credit card account.
- The guest will receive an email confirmation of the cancellation.
- If prior to sailing, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive an email advisory and the form of payment used to purchase the tour will be refunded in full; for credit card payments, it will take 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on the guest’s credit card account.
On Board Shore Tour Cancellations
After the Pre-Sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure), cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:
- 25% charge once on board
- 100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port
- Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a refundable On Board Credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.
- If during the cruise, Tour Operations cancels an excursion that has been pre-purchased, the guest will receive a refundable On Board Credit applied to his/her Sail & Sign account.
- Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.
- Pre-Sail excursions are fully refundable on those bookings that cancel prior to the sail date.
- In the event of a 'no-show' booking, a refund will automatically be processed back to the form of payment used to secure the order after the voyage has ended.
In the event of an itinerary change, the guest will not be required to do anything. Arrangements will either be handled in-house or ship board as follows:
- Itinerary change (new port of call) – Depending on time of change, pre-sales may not be available. Excursion will need to be purchased onboard.
- Port cancellation - Excursion will automatically be cancelled and refunds processed back to the form of payment that was used for purchase.
- Port sequence change - If the sequence of ports has changed, the excursion will be moved to the new date of that port of call.
To view Shore Excursion Frequently Asked Questions, click here.