Carnival’s ‘Behind the Fun' Ultimate Tour
Please Note: Given our focus on returning to service and executing our health and safety protocols, we will not be able to offer this tour until further notice. Our goal is to ensure we can continue to deliver that exceptional value and experience we have always provided.
Most Carnival guests are aware that behind the scenes of their cruise vacation there's a bustle of activity to deliver fun memorable vacation experiences, but few have gotten an up-close look at these inner workings. 'Behind the Fun' is an exclusive opportunity to experience an array of "back of house" areas that are vital to a ship's daily operations.
'Behind the Fun' will give guests the unique opportunity to explore beyond the public areas with visits to the ship's bridge, engine control room, main galley, staff dining areas, storeroom, laundry and other spaces for a rare insider's view of many areas typically seen only by the ship's crew.
The tour is extremely exclusive, it is only offered once during the cruise, on the last sea day and is limited to only 16 participants. The group will be led by our onboard Training & Development Manager, accompanied by a member of our security team, due to the fact that some of the areas visited are sensitive and operate at elevated security levels. Tour participants will also be able to meet and interact with shipboard staff while visiting the different areas.
Tour participants will receive some mementos of tours including:
- Limited edition 'Behind the Fun' baseball cap, identifying guests as honorary team members
- Complimentary commemorative photos
- ‘Behind the Fun’ can only be purchased on board at the Shore Excursion Desk.
- Depending on the tour offered on your cruise, the cost is $55 USD to $95 USD per person and is approximately 2 hours to 3-1/2 hours.
- For security reasons, no bags, no cameras, recording devices of any kind or cell phones are permitted on the tour.
- The tour will be visiting a few areas that are accessible only by stairs. Some of the stairs are rather steep.
- Guests must wear comfortable closed toe shoes or sneakers; no sandals or flip-flops. No bathing attire or skirts are permitted.
- Minimum age for the tour is 8 years. Any guest under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult.