Camp Ocean (6-8 Years) Stingrays: Things to Know
Camp Ocean is our fleet wide Children's Program. At Camp Ocean, 2-11 year olds stay busy, keep active and have fun as they enjoy ocean-themed activities and entertainment made for kids. We put campers into age-based groups with counselors, each with education or childcare experience.
Sign In/Out Policy
- Children must be registered with Camp Ocean in order to participate in the activities.
- All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy.
- Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18.
- Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities.
- The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
- For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.
The Camp Ocean Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment/nebulizers and inhalers are permitted in Camp Ocean; these items will be kept in a designated area of Camp Ocean. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Ocean, the parents must return to administer the medication.
All children 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Ocean activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Camp Ocean provides supervised ‘Kids Only’ dinners every evening (6:00pm-6:45pm – time may vary) of the cruise except on the first evening. These dinners take place in the Lido Restaurant. Some of the menu choices include macaroni and cheese, pizza, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, fruit and Jell-O.
Parents are encouraged to pick up their children for all other meals on sea days as lunch is not provided. On port days, Camp Ocean children signed in will be provided lunch in the Lido Restaurant if their parents are ashore.
In the Dining Room, the children’s menu features a wide variety of kid favorites along with two ‘Daily Specials’ offering something new and different each day:
- Entrees and Sides: Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Nuggets, Peanut Butter + Jelly Sandwich, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce, Chicken Noodle Soup, French Fries and Fresh Veggies
- Desserts: Banana Split, Assorted Cookies, Fresh Fruit Cocktails, Ice Cream and Jello
Hour may vary due to cruise itineraries.
- Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm; 2:00pm-5:00pm; 7:00pm-10:00pm. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Port Days: We offer programming during our stay in port so parents are able to sightsee while kids are having fun in Camp. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Evenings: Night Owls and Late Night Parties - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting). From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the camp facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. 6-11 year olds have fun playing video games, Arts & Crafts and more. In addition to the Night Owls program, on select evenings of the cruise, we have additional parties which offer fun, memories and great value.
There’s something for everyone in our Stingray group, ages 6 to 8, from movie watching, science experiments to video games, these campers are sure to have a blast!
To see the facilities and additional activities offered on our ships, click here.