Financing Powered by Uplift FAQs
Published 11/01/2019 04:54 PM | Updated 06/18/2020 04:46 PM
Who is Uplift?
- Uplift’s mission is to make travel more accessible, affordable and rewarding. They provide a proven, flexible, pay-over-time travel financing solution!
Who is the financer?
- Loans through Uplift are originated by CBW Bank, member FDIC.
After paying off some of my balance, can I add more charges?
- Pay Monthly through Uplift is not a line of credit. Uplift currently offers installments up to 24-months*. After a guest’s application is approved and the guest accepts a loan through Uplift, additional charges (related to price increases or pre-cruise add-ons) cannot be added.
- However, any eligible guest is welcome to have up to two (2) active payment plans through Uplift at any given time, each up to a total amount of $15,000USD.
Can I use it for onboard spend?
- At this time, financing through Uplift is available to Carnival guests for purchases prior to cruise departure. This includes add-ons such as Carnival Vacation Protection, Gratuities, air, etc.. Financing powered by Uplift is only available for pre-cruise purchases.
Is there a minimum requirement to opt for the finance option?
- Yes. Carnival guests may use Uplift for Carnival vacations ranging in total cost between $605 - $15,000USD.
I’m traveling with someone who is paying his/her own way. Can he/she apply for this finance option now as well?
- Yes. In the event that two or more guests are traveling under a single booking, Financing powered by Uplift may be applied as a form of payment for a portion of the booking.
For example, if four individuals are traveling together under one booking, two of the guests may use Uplift to pay their portion of the cruise fare/taxes/fees -- while the other two guests may opt to use an alternate form of payment, such as direct payment to Carnival using a credit or debit card.
How much can I be approved for?
How much can I be approved for?
- Carnival guests can be approved for monthly payment plans through Uplift for Carnival vacations ranging in total cost between $605 - $15,000USD (including add-ons such as CVP, gratuities, air, etc.).
Can I apply for more than the original approval amount?
- No. The current Uplift application process requires that one, specific total amount (between $605 - $15,000USD) be defined when a guest’s application is submitted.
- Guests wishing to change the total value of their application may restart their application for a payment plan through Uplift using a lower or higher total amount any time prior to accepting/confirming a loan (the very last step in the application).
- Uplift uses a ‘soft credit check’ during the pre-approval process - therefore, an applicant’s credit profile is not affected by checking their rate. A ‘hard credit check’ will be completed upon agreeing to loan terms and completing the booking.
What if I have to cancel? How do I get my money back or payments already made?
- In the event of a cancellation, guests always receive the full amount of any refund authorized and issued by Carnival.
- Uplift recommends that Carnival guests contact our 24/7 Customer Support Team after processing a refund that involves Carnival Vacation Protection (CVP):
- 75% ‘Any Reason’ CVP Refunds: Refunds are typically issued in the form of FCC (‘Future Cruise Credit’). Guests should contact Uplift to inquire about possible payment re-arrangements that may be available. Please note that Uplift does not accept Future Cruise Credit (‘FCC’) -- or any form of cruise line credit (Onboard Credit - ‘OBC’ or ‘NROBC’) as a form of payment on existing loan balances.
- 100% Qualifying Reason: Guests typically receive refunds in the form of an electronic or mailed check following a qualifying 100% refund claim. Guests should contact Uplift to inquire about possible payment re-arrangements that may be available (ex. temporary payment delay while awaiting an approved refund to be issued or arrive).
Do I have to finance the entire amount?
- No. Carnival Agents can assist guests in defining the right amount of any Carnival Vacation they wish to finance. The total amount, including taxes/fees and any add-ons or extras, must be between $605 - 15,000USD.
Will you be penalized if the total is paid off prior to the final payment?
- No. There are no prepayment penalties associated with any Uplift Pay Monthly. In fact, Uplift will automatically waive all future, unpaid interest in cases when guests choose to pay off their remaining balance early. “Future, unpaid interest” is calculated based on the day that guests submit early payment in full for their balance on file with Uplift.
After booking and deposit is made, can you then finance the remaining balance?
- Yes. Carnival Agents and Travel Agents partners can assist guests in defining the right amount of any Carnival vacation they wish to finance. Guests may apply Uplift as a form of payment to any ‘final payment’ or ‘balance due’ following a deposit on their Carnival vacation -- provided that the balance, including taxes/fees, add-ons or extras, is between $605 - 15,000USD.
Will this program finance all add-ons (such as CVP, gratuities, Fly2Fun, etc.) to the reservation as well?
- Yes. Uplift Pay Monthly may be used for add-ons and extras prior to sailing -- such as Fly2Fun, CVP, prepaid gratuities and more. Guests may add extras on to their cruise fare in one application (up to $15,000) or apply for a second payment plan through Uplift to finance any extras and add-ons after booking the cruise-only portion of their vacation. Extras/Add-ons are those items that can be added to the overall booking related costs (i.e. Fly2Fun, CVP, Prepaid Gratuities).
Is there a limit for the total amount of financing I can obtain through Uplift?
- Please note that Pay Monthly through Uplift is not a ‘line of credit. Uplift Pay Monthly offers access to fixed, simple interest loans available in up to 24-month* installments. Uplift Pay Monthly also provides access to 0% APR financing for up to 6-month** terms to qualified guests on eligible bookings.
- Every application has a maximum value limit of $15,000USD. However, any guest (individual) may have up to two (2) loans active through Uplift at any given time.
Do you need to provide full social security in order to be approved?
- Uplift’s application for approval involves a soft credit check, which requires a few basic guest details: Full name, date of birth, residential address, mobile phone number, email address, and the last four digits of social security numbers (entered securely and privately by the guest).
- Full Social Security Number is only required after a guest has been pre-approved through Uplift and wishes to accept the loan at which time a hard credit check is run.
- When entering the last four digits and complete Social Security Number, guests do so privately and securely.
What is the 0% APR financing option?
- Eligible guests can book their cruise with $0 down, followed by up to 6 interest-free payments**.
- 0% APR financing is only available for up to 6-month loan terms**.
- Guests who qualify will be presented with a 0% APR financing option during the application process.
- Eligibility is based on your credit score and other factors and may vary.
*Based on a purchase price of $1,000.00 you could pay $0 today, followed by 24 monthly payments of $48.49 at 15% APR.
**Based on a purchase price of $1,000.00 you could pay $0 today, followed by 6 monthly payments of $166.66 at 0% APR.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted, please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.