Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee
What is it?
Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee is a first ever guarantee program offered by a vacation company which gives guests the option of leaving the ship if they are not completely satisfied with their cruise experience. Guests can book with peace of mind knowing this option is available to them – no questions asked - no frustration - no worries. They can feel confident in their purchase if for whatever reason they have some concerns about sailing with us. Carnival will make all the arrangements and guests will receive a full refund, air fare to return home and an onboard credit to use on a future cruise.
How does it work?
- Guests can change their mind for any reason within twenty-four (24) hours of leaving the port of embarkation if they are not satisfied with the cruise experience.
- Guests Services on board will arrange complimentary transportation for the guest to fly home or back to the port of embarkation, if the guest drove.
- Guests will receive a refund equal to 110% of the cruise fare.
- Guests who rebook within one year will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit.
When does it apply?
- Applicable sailings: 3 to 14 day cruises to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Canada/New England, Bermuda and Alaska, including holidays. Due to travel restrictions, the Great Vacation Guarantee will not apply to cruises visiting Cuba.
- Sail Dates: Through April 30, 2020
- Applicable to: U.S and Canadian residents only; Guests must have a valid passport to return by air to the United States or Canada.
- Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee is not applicable to full ship charters.
- Guests booked with post cruise plans: Guest Services on board will arrange complimentary transportation for guests booked with post cruise plans to be flown to their destination to start their post cruise vacation.
- West Coast sailings: Due to limited transportation choices for West coast sailings, Guest Services on board will do whatever is best for guests to get back home in case they have to disembark in Ensenada.
How is the Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee (CGVG) different than the Vacation Protection Plan?
The Great Vacation Guarantee offers you the ability to give our product a try and if, for any reason, it’s not for you, you may return home and receive a 110% refund. It’s that simple. Our Vacation Protection Plan (VPP) is a travel package designed to provide benefits both before and during your trip ranging from cancellation, trip and baggage delays, medical expense reimbursement, emergency evacuation coverage and 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance services. Additional Vacation Protection Plan information may be found on our website at carnival.com.
How do guests exercise the Guarantee?
Guests can simply go to the Guest Services desk on the ship and notify them within twenty-four (24) hours of departure from the port of embarkation. We will make our best effort to help the guest disembark at the next port of call. Carnival will arrange complimentary transportation to fly the guest home or fly them back to the port of embarkation, in the event they drove.
If one guest in the party exercises Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee, does it apply to others traveling with him/her?
Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee applies to all our guests so it would be available to everyone traveling with him/her who also wishes to disembark.
How will the guest receive the 110% cruise fare refund?
A cruise fare refund equaling 110% of what the guest paid will be processed in less than three weeks. 100% of the refund will be applied to the form of payment used when the cruise was purchased and the additional 10% will be issued in cash by the Guest Services desk on board or accounting will mail a refund check directly to the guest.
In addition to the 110% cruise fare refund, we will also refund the actual amount paid for government fees and taxes, VPP (Vacation Protection Plan), prepaid gratuities, unused pre-purchased services (The Fun Shops, Spa, etc.) and unused shore excursions.
Is a travel agent’s commission protected if a guest exercises the Guarantee?
We will protect your travel agent commission based on the full cost of the fare booked.
Why is Carnival doing this? Didn’t you already have a ‘Vacation Guarantee’?
We believe and have so much confidence in our product that we felt it was appropriate to make our guarantee even stronger. We are proud of the experience we deliver to the millions of guests who cross our gangway each year.
Will a guest incur fees related to the Jones Act if disembarking in a U.S. port?
Carnival will absorb responsibility for any penalty incurred.
Will guests still receive VIFP points?
Unfortunately, no. Guests who invoke the Great Vacation Guarantee will not earn their VIFP points.
What are the details for the $100 onboard credit?
The onboard credit is per person with a maximum of $100 per stateroom. It can be redeemed when a guest books another Carnival cruise within a year.
What expenses will a guest incur if they exercise Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee?
Any expenses incurred for any items purchased and enjoyed while onboard and charged to the guest’s onboard account (i.e., spa services, merchandise, alcoholic beverages, casino, etc.).
When traveling home, Carnival will provide complimentary flight transportation home, or to the port of embarkation, if a guest drove. In both cases, Carnival will take care of ground transportation and hotel accommodations (if needed). Incidental expenses (meal and related costs) during a guest’s travel home will be your responsibility.