Carnival Conquest (CQ) Fact Sheet
Shipyard: Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani, Italy
Inaugural cruise: November 15, 2002
Godmother: Corrine Lindy Clairborne Boggs, former U.S. Representative from Louisiana.
Country of registry: Panama
Cost: $500 million
Cruising speed: 21 knots
- Gross tonnage: 110,000
- Length: 952 feet
- Beam: 116 feet; 125 feet at pool deck
- Maximum draft: 27 feet
- Full guest occupancy: 3756
- Normal occupancy (based on 2 per cabin): 2980
- Passenger decks: 13
- Space ratio: 37:1
- Total officers and crew: 1180
- Officers: Italian
- Hotel and cruise staff: International
- 2 deluxe Captain’s Suites
- 10 ocean view Grand Suites
- 42 ocean view Ocean Suites and Junior Suites
- 6 scenic ocean view staterooms
- 521 ocean view balcony staterooms
- 324 ocean view staterooms
- 564 interior staterooms
- 10 ocean view upper/lower staterooms
- 11 interior upper/lower staterooms
- 1490 total guest staterooms (26 modified for wheelchair users)
All staterooms feature: telephone, 110 AC power outlet, individual climate control, Carnival Comfort Bed Collection, hair dryer, safe, non-stocked mini bar unit and interactive flat-screen TV
Life Saving Equipment
Grand Total Life Saving Capacity: 6160
- 24 Life Boats (occupancy each: 150 / total occupancy: 3600)
- 2 Rescue / Tender Boats (occupancy each: 60 / total occupancy 120)
- 34 Launchable Life Rafts (occupancy each: 35 / total occupancy: 1190)
- 35 Life Rafts (occupancy each: 35 / total occupancy: 1225)
- 1 Life Raft (occupancy: 25)
- Dry Dock: 8/28/05-9/11/05
- Dry Dock: 1/18/09-1/31/09
- Dry Dock: 10/14/12-10/28/12
- Dry Dock: 9/30/17-10/13/17
Ship Refurbishments and Renovations
Completed during dry dock: 10/14/12-10/28/12
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas
- Addition of 2 new Captain’s Suites and 6 new Scenic Ocean View staterooms on Deck 9 forward.
- Replaced old TVs with new Flat Screen TVs in all staterooms
- Removed Kiddie pool
- RedFrog Rum Bar (replaced pool bar)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (replaced pool bar)
- Alchemy Bar (replaced the wine bar)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (replaced Off the Grill
- Blue Iguana Cantina (replaced Mongolian Wok)
- Cherry on Top (replaced Formalities)
- Punchliners Comedy Club
- The Taste Bar (replaced the Sushi Bar)
- Main Show Room: Hasbro, The Game Show and Playlist Productions
Completed during dry dock: 1/18/09-1/31/09
- Cosmetic enhancements to public rooms and areas, including carpet replacement and tile work.
- Family Staterooms (6E) on Spa Deck 11 converted into Balcony Staterooms (8F).
- Circle C Lounge – addition of a lounge for teens (12-14) on Atlantic Deck 4 forward.
- Spa Carnival – whirlpool was removed; new fitness equipment installed.
- Carnival Seaside Theater - addition of an outdoor poolside screen on Lido Deck midship.
- WiFi internet access now available bow to stern.