Charleston Cruise Ship Terminal Directions and Parking
Port of Charleston
Union Pier Terminal
32 Washington Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Google Maps: View Map
The Cruise Ship Passenger Terminal is located in downtown Charleston in the heart of the historic district. It is easily reached via several major routes into the City. The major routes into Charleston are via Interstate 26, Highway 17-South, Highway 17-North and I-526.
Permanent highway signs are posted along the travel route to help direct passengers to Union Pier and the cruise ship facilities. Some signs are the standard green highway signs posted along major routes and exit ramps. Others are smaller sized brown and white signs with the international cruise ship symbol and arrows showing the direction to travel in the downtown area to the cruise terminal.
Gate #2 – Intersection of Concord and Laurens Streets, Charleston, South Carolina – is the general entry point for passengers in personal vehicles. This is the entry gate for individuals driving their own vehicles and planning to leave them parked at the Port or passengers being dropped off by family or friends.
Union Pier Main Gate – 32 Washington Street – is the designated entry point for for taxis, hotel limo/vans, airport services and charter bus groups.
Check-in will take place at Building 324, located at the intersection of Concord and Laurens Streets. Guests being dropped off must also go directly to this location. After check-in, complimentary shuttle service will take you to the cruise terminal for boarding.
Rates are subject to change
- $20.00 USD per day - for standard vehicles up to 20 feet in length
- $50.00 USD per day – for oversized vehicles over 20 feet in length (RV’s, Campers and busses)
The Port of Charleston features both covered and non-covered parking in a safe and secure location.
- Credit cards, debit cards, money orders are the only accepted forms of payment for cruise parking; cash is not accepted as payment for cruise parking. Reservations are not required.
- Pre-pay parking is a simple and convenient way to take care of your parking arrangements in advance. To pre-pay your parking now, simply follow this link http://www.scspa.com/cruise-parking/.
- If you prefer to pay for your parking on the day of your cruise, full payment is due upon entering the parking area.
- Complimentary parking is provided at no fee for vehicles displaying a valid handicap placard or license plate with ID.
- Long-term parking is available on Port property for cruise passenger vehicles in a controlled access areas. The sites are secured and patrolled by Port Police during the cruise.
- A color-coded claim ticket and permit is given to the driver when payment is received.
- The larger permit should be displayed in the front window of the vehicle.
- The smaller claim ticket should be kept by the driver. It will help identify the parking area on the return date.
- A complimentary shuttle bus is provided between the vehicle parking areas and the Passenger Terminal on both departure and return dates of the cruise. The shuttles provide a comfortable way to arrive at the check-in location and return to the vehicle parking areas at the end of the cruise.
- Shuttles accessible for special needs and wheelchair assistance are also available.
- Guests have the option to walk as well.
- Uniformed Port Police Officers will be along the travel route to the vehicle parking areas and the Cruise Ship Terminal. They will direct you to the appropriate lane, based on the situation.
- Keep your boarding pass, photo ID and proof of citizenship with you and easily accessible as it will be needed for entry to all support areas, shuttles buses and for check-in at the cruise terminal.
- Vehicles and luggage will be accepted at the Union Pier Terminal starting at 11:00am and continue to 3:00pm. Gates will not open prior to this time so please do not arrive until after 11:00am.. The Market Street area is just a short walk from the Passenger Terminal. There are a variety of shops to explore and restaurants to visit and enjoy while early arrivals wait for check-in to begin.