Carnival Elation (EL) Fact Sheet
Shipyard: Masa-Yards, Helsinki, Finland
Inaugural cruise: March 20, 1998
Godmother: Shari Arison Dorsman, President of the Arison Foundation and daughter of Carnival's Chairman Emeritus, Ted Arison.
Country of registry: Panama
Cruising speed: 21.0 knots
- Gross tonnage: 70,367 tons
- Length: 855 feet
- Beam: 103 feet; 118 feet at pool deck
- Maximum draft: 25 feet, 6 inches
- Full guest occupancy: 2697
- Normal occupancy (based on 2 per cabin): 2054
- Passenger decks: 10
- Space ratio: 34:1
- Total Officers and crew: 920
- Officers: Italian
- Hotel and cruise staff: International
- 28 ocean view balcony Grand Suites
- 26 ocean view balcony Junior Suites
- 565 ocean view twin/king staterooms
- 389 interior twin/king staterooms
- 19 interior upper/lower staterooms
- 1027 Total guest staterooms (25 modified for wheelchair users)
All staterooms feature: telephone, 110 AC power outlet, individual climate control, Carnival Comfort Bed Collection, safe and TV
- Set of dual stabilizers
- 2 (19,000 HP) Azipod drive units
- Diesel electric propulsion system (6 medium speed engines developing approximately 50,000 HP).
Life Saving Equipment
Grand Total Life Saving Capacity: 4494
- 12 Life Boats (occupancy each: 150 / total occupancy: 1800
- 6 Rescue / Tender Boats (occupancy each: 149 / total occupancy: 894)
- 36 Launchable Life Rafts (occupancy each: 25 / total occupancy: 900)
- 36 Life Rafts (occupancy each: 25 / total occupancy: 900)
- Dry Dock: 4/11/99-4/25/99
- Dry Dock: 10/29/00-11/11/00
- Dry Dock: 3/02/03-3/15/03
- Dry Dock: 4/08/06-4/22/06
- Dry Dock: 2/26/09-3/11/09
- Dry Dock: 10/22/11-11/05/11
- Dry Dock: 9/25/14-10/09/14
- Dry Dock: 8/31/17-927/17
Ship Refurbishments and Renovations
Completed during dry dock: 9/25/14-10/09/14
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall covering and tile work in lounges and public areas
- New equipment in Fitness Center and upgraded flooring and window shades
- Updated Club O2 to be more on brand
Completed during dry dock: 10/22/11-11/05/11
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas
- Suite U69 converted and now ADA compliant
Completed during dry dock: 2/26/09-3/11/09
- "Circle C" Young Teens club will be added to Atlantic Deck 8 (previously, the card room), featuring a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
- Serenity Adults-Only Retreat Area
- Children's wading pool will be moved to Verandah Deck 11 aft section, replacing one of the whirlpools.
- A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work throughout the ship.
- Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern
- A Mongolian Wok station and Rotisserie will be added to the Lido Restaurant
Completed during dry dock: 4/08/06-4/22/06
- New art gallery on Empress Deck.
- New photo gallery on the Promenade Deck.
- The 12,000 square foot Spa Carnival facility was renovated with new private treatment rooms, updated exercise equipment and a host of cosmetic
- Variety of cosmetic upgrades that include carpeting and upholstery in various public lounges.
- Carpeting replaced in staterooms, where needed.