Optional Transfers for Cruises from New York City
This service is available on the day of embarkation and immediately following debarkation only.
Newark International Airport is 18 miles from the port and travel times is approximately 49 minutes (without traffic). LaGuardia International Airport is 10 miles from the port and travel times is approximately 55 minutes (without traffic). John F. Kennedy International Airport is 18 miles from the port and travel times is approximately 75 minutes (without traffic).
Price for Optional Transfers
Transfers can be pre-purchased through Carnival up to 5 days prior to the sail date:
Newark International Airport - EWR
- Pre-Purchase transfers: $31.00 USD One Way / $62.00 USD Roundtrip
- Purchase at the Airport / Purchase Onboard: $31.00 USD One Way
LaGuardia International Airport - LGA
- Pre-Purchase transfers: $32.00 USD One Way / $64.00 USD Roundtrip
- Purchase at the Airport / Purchase Onboard: $32.00 USD One Way
John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport - JFK
Pre-Purchase transfers: $33.00 USD One Way / $66.00 USD Roundtrip
- Purchase at the Airport / Purchase Onboard: $33.00 USD One Way
Carnival Sunshine Boarding Hours: 1:00pm-3:00pm / Ship Departure: 4:00pm
Carnival Horizon Boarding Hours (4-day cruise): 1:00pm-3:00pm / Ship Departure: 4:00pm
Carnival Horizon Boarding Hours (8-day cruise): 1:00pm-4:00pm / Ship Departure: 5:00pm
- Latest arrival flight into JFK / LGA / EWR before embarkation: 1:00pm
- Earliest return flight out of JFK /LGA / EWR after debarkation: 1:00pm
Note: For guests who plan to use our transfer service on embarkation day but arrive independently day(s) prior to the cruise, read below for more information.
Day of Embarkation: Meet and Greet Service / Motor Coach Service / Purchase of Transfers
- Guests arriving at the airport that have pre-purchased transfers will first collect their luggage and then meet a Carnival representative at one of the below listed Welcome Center locations. Once there, Guests will be escorted to pier transportation.
- La Guardia Airport: Terminal B (West Wing) Welcome Center or Terminal C Welcome Center or Terminal D Welcome Center
- John F. Kennedy Airport: Terminal 5 Welcome Center
- Newark Airport: Terminal C Welcome Center (ground level by door #6)
- Transfer service start and end time are subject to change based on reported flight details on the transfer manifest. Service is provided between 11:00am and 1:45pm from all airports on the day of embarkation only. Motor coaches depart the airport once an adequate number of guests have arrived, approximately every 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer Provider: For those guests who have pre-purchased transfers, the Transfer company and telephone number is printed in the guest’s e-docs. Refer the guest to this telephone number if they need further assistance.
- One way transfers can be purchased at the airport while our Meet & Greet staff is onsite. The airport is staffed based on known flights reported on the transfer manifest. Once all known flights are met, staff is released and service is no longer available. The Carnival representative will be located in the above listed Welcome Center locations. Cash payment is not accepted; the transfers are charged directly to the guest's Sail & Sign Account.
- Guests who plan to use our transfer service on embarkation day but arrive independently day(s) prior to the cruise should return to one of the above listed Welcome Center locations between 10:00am and 12:00pm and call the Transfer Provider (printed on the guest's e-docs) to advise of their airport location. Once there, a Carnival representative will meet and escort them to our pier transportation.
Day of Debarkation: Purchase of Transfers / Motor Coach Service
- One-way transfers to the airport can be purchased on board at the Guest Services Desk for guests who did not previously purchase the transfers.
- Transfer guests will be assigned a specific debarkation Zone number and must depart when that number is called on the day of debarkation. Airport transportation departs promptly due to heavy local traffic. If guests debark late and miss the pre-purchased transfer service, staff can assist with making alternate arrangements. Any alternative services will be at the guests’ expense.
- Transfer service begins at approximately 9:00am; motor coaches will not leave the cruise terminal until an adequate number of guests are on board, approximately every 20-30 minutes.