Advance Purchase of Optional Transfers
Guests have the option of purchasing transfers to and/or from our embarkation city airports and our cruise terminals.
- Optional transfers can be purchased through Carnival up to 5 days prior to the saildate. For those guests who do not pre-purchase optional transfers through Carnival, guests can purchase transfers from our Meet & Greet staff at all of our embarkation city airports.
- This service will be available on the day of embarkation and immediately following debarkation only.
- Guests who plan to use our transfer service on embarkation day but have arrived independently day(s) prior to the cruise, should arrive at the airport no later than 12 noon on embarkation day.
- Guests will be met according to the arrival flight information that is entered in Online Check-In.
- Children under two years of age are free of charge as long as they sit on their parents' lap and do NOT occupy a seat.
- We do not pay commission to travel agents for optional transfers.
- Hydraulic Lift Transfers: Hydraulic lift transfers are usually used for guests with no mobility to very limited mobility. When adding optional transfers for a wheelchair user, you will need to ask “Are you able to step up/down on a regular coach service bus?” If the answer is “no”, then you will need to arrange for hydraulic lift transfer service. This service can only accommodate the wheelchair user and one other person; any additional guests will need to take the regular motor coach service. There are no additional fees for this service; standard optional transfer fees will apply. The cut-off to add this service is 5 days prior to sail date. Flight information must be entered in Online Check-In by the guest; otherwise, Travel Services will not be able to arrange this service.
- Automated Calls: For some sailings, Travel Services will make automated calls advising our cruise-only guests to provide flight information.
Purchasing Transfers on GoCCL.com
- Guests are able to add transfers to a booking up to 5 days prior to the saildate.
- Advise the caller of the ‘latest arrival time’ prior to embarkation and the ‘earliest departure time’ after debarkation in order to ensure that they are able to use the transfers they are purchasing as well as get to the cruise terminal on a timely basis.
- Important: Guests will be responsible to enter their own corresponding flight information through Online Check-In and no later than 5 days prior to the saildate. Transfer services are subject to cancellation if flight information is not received on time
- If a guest requests to remove transfers from a ticketed booking, please contact Carnival Cruise Line Contact Center for assistance at 800 327 9501.
- Transfers can be removed from a booking and refunded (without penalty) up to 5 days prior to the saildate.
- Once a booking is within 4 days prior to the saildate, transfers can no longer be removed and refunded.
- Unused Transfers are non-refundable.
Cancelling a Booking
- When a booking cancels, the transfers are subject to our cancellation penalty guidelines. If the cancellation occurs during deposit penalty, no penalty will be charged. If the cancellation occurs during 50% or 75% penalty, the transfers will be penalized 50% or 75%, accordingly. During the full penalty phase, no refund will be issued.
At the Airport
- Guests will be met according to the arrival flight information that was entered by the guest in Online Check-In; this service will be available on the day of embarkation only.
- Guests will be met and assisted by our Meet & Greet staff (with signs) in the baggage claim area.
- Transfer time from the airport varies by port. Refer to the ‘Optional Transfer’ page for the specific port in question for start times.
- Transfer time generally begins around noon depending on flight arrivals.
- The Meet & Greet staff will escort guests to the motor coaches located outside on the baggage claim level.
- The Meet and Greet information is included on the eDocs as well as the telephone number for the Transfer Company. If the guest cannot locate the Meet and Greet Rep at the airport, advise the guest to call the Transfer Company for assistance. If the guest still cannot locate the Meet and Greet Rep, contact Carnival Cruise Line Contact Center for assistance at 800 327 9501. Do not advise or suggest to the guest to take a taxi to the cruise terminal; transfer refunds are not guaranteed.
- If a guest has a delayed flight or flight change, contact Carnival Cruise Line Contact Center for assistance at 800 327 9501 so the Meet & Greet provider can be advised.
- For those guests who do not pre-purchase optional transfers through Carnival, guests can purchase transfers at our embarkation city airports while our Meet & Greet staff is onsite. The airport is staffed based on known flights reported on the transfer manifest. Once all known flights are met, staff is released and service is no longer available.
- Motor coaches do not have seat belts and bulky items such as child car seats will be placed in the luggage bay underneath the passenger area.
- Academy Bus, the transfer company for Miami/Fort Lauderdale does not handle the Carnival post shore excursions that we offer in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- This service will be available on debarkation day only, immediately following the debarkation process.
- For those guests who do not pre-purchase optional transfers for their return trip home, guests can purchase transfers at the Guest Service Desk on board the ship prior to the last day of the cruise. In addition, if not pre-purchased prior to the last day of the cruise, those guests at the following cruise terminals, can purchase return transfers, curbside: Smith Cove Cruise Terminal/Port of Seattle; Long Beach Cruise Terminal; Port Canaveral. In Seattle and Long Beach, credit cards are the only acceptable form of payment.
- Guests who have booked a return flight home prior to our recommended Earliest Return Flight Time should be advised to take part in our Self Assist Express Debarkation Program. Motor coach service generally starts running between 8:30am-9:00am, depending on the port of debarkation.