Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee
WE'RE 100% CERTAIN YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME.
The Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee™ is the greatest vacation guarantee you’ll never need to use. If you’re not happy with any 3–14 day Carnival Cruise Line vacation you take to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let us know within 24 hours of leaving the port of embarkation. If we get something wrong, we’ll refund 100% of your fare with no hassles and our Guest Services team will get you back to your home or port of embarkation free of charge. Certain exclusions apply. Visit our FAQs for more information.
IF IT'S NOT WORKING OUT, WE'LL WORK IT OUT FOR YOU.
Vacation days are precious. If you decide spending them on a Carnival cruise isn’t for you, you don’t have to. Our Guest Services team will make all the arrangements to get you off the ship as quickly as we can, and fly you to either your home airport if you flew in, or back to your point of embarkation if you drove to the ship.
HERE'S WHAT WE DO.
If you decide within twenty-four (24) hours of the embarkation of your cruise that it’s not for you, simply notify Carnival’s onboard Guest Services desk. We’ll take it from there. And if you decide later that you want to give Carnival another try, we’ll even give a $100 per stateroom onboard credit to any guest in your party who exercised the guarantee and, within a year, books another Carnival cruise.
HERE'S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU TO KNOW.
Applies to individuals who are U.S. and Canadian residents only. Due to a U.S. Government requirement, guests must be in possession of a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, the Bahamas and Bermuda. Due to travel restrictions, the Great Vacation Guarantee will not apply to cruises visiting Cuba. The Great Vacation Guarantee applies to our failure to meet expectations on service and/or product delivery but does not apply for itinerary deviations due to safety, weather, emergency debarkations or other operational or governmental reasons beyond Carnival’s control.
If you still have questions, check out our FAQs. Carnival Cruise Line reserves the right to modify or withdraw the Great Vacation Guarantee at any time.
Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee FAQs
What is it?
Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee is a first ever guarantee program offered by a cruise company which gives guests the option of leaving the ship if they are not completely satisfied with their cruise experience within the first twenty-four (24) hours of embarkation. Guests can feel confident in their purchase and book with peace of mind knowing this option is available to them. Let us know within twenty-four (24) hours of embarkation that you are not happy with the experience and Carnival will make all the arrangements and guests will receive a full refund as described below as well as coach air fare to return home and an onboard credit to use on a future Carnival cruise.
How does it work?
- Guests can change their mind within twenty-four (24) hours of leaving the port of embarkation if they are not satisfied with the cruise experience.
- Guests Services on board will arrange complimentary transportation for the guest to fly home or back to the port of embarkation, if the guest drove.
- Guests will receive a refund equal to 100% of the cruise fare.
- Guests who rebook within one year will receive a $100 per stateroom onboard credit.
When does it apply?
- Applicable sailings: 3 to 14 day cruises to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Canada/New England, Bermuda and Alaska, including holidays. Due to travel restrictions, the Great Vacation Guarantee will not apply to cruises visiting Cuba.
- Sail Dates: All cruises booked after August 1, 2018.
- Applicable to: U.S. and Canadian residents only; Guests must have a valid passport to return by air to the United States or Canada. No exceptions.
Are there exclusions?
- Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee is not applicable to full ship charters.
- Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee does not apply for itinerary deviations due to safety, weather, emergency debarkations or other operational or governmental reasons beyond Carnival’s control.
- West Coast sailings: Due to limited transportation choices for West Coast sailings, Guest Services on board will do whatever is best for guests to get back home in case they have to disembark in Ensenada.
- $100 onboard credit cannot be applied to Carnival Cruise Line Australia or New Zealand sailings or chartered sailings.
- Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee is subject to the terms of Carnival's Ticket Contract.
How is the Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee (CGVG) different than the Carnival Vacation Protection?
The Great Vacation Guarantee offers you the ability to give our product a try and if it’s not for you, you may return home and receive a 100% refund. It’s that simple. Our Vacation Protection is a recommended but optional travel package designed to provide benefits both before and during your trip ranging from cancellation, weather, natural disasters and other disruptive events, trip and baggage delays, medical expense reimbursement, emergency evacuation coverage and 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance services. Additional Vacation Protection information may be found on our website at carnival.com.
How do guests exercise the Guarantee?
Guests can simply go to the Guest Services desk on the ship and notify them within twenty-four (24) hours of departure from the port of embarkation. We will make our best effort to help the guest disembark at the next port of call. Carnival will arrange complimentary transportation to fly the guest home or fly them back to the port of embarkation, in the event they drove.
If one guest in the party exercises Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee, does it apply to others traveling with him/her?
Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee applies to all our guests so it would be available to everyone traveling with him/her who also wishes to disembark.
How will the guest receive the 100% cruise fare refund?
A full cruise fare refund of what the guest paid will be processed in less than three weeks, applied to the form of payment used when the cruise was initially purchased.
In addition to the 100% cruise fare refund, we will also refund the actual amount paid for government fees and taxes, Vacation Protection, prepaid gratuities, unused pre-purchased services (The Fun Shops, Spa, etc.) and unused shore excursions purchased through Carnival.
Will a guest incur fees related to the Jones Act if disembarking in a U.S. port?
Carnival will absorb responsibility for any penalty incurred.
Will guests still receive VIFP points?
Unfortunately, no. Guests who invoke the Great Vacation Guarantee will not earn their VIFP points.
What are the details for the $100 onboard credit?
The onboard credit is per person with a maximum of $100 per stateroom. It can be redeemed when a guest books another Carnival cruise within a year.
What expenses will a guest incur if they exercise Carnival’s Great Vacation Guarantee?
Any expenses incurred for any items purchased and enjoyed while onboard and charged to the guest’s onboard account (i.e., spa services, merchandise, alcoholic beverages, casino, etc.).
When traveling home, Carnival will provide complimentary flight transportation home, or to the port of embarkation, if a guest drove. In both cases, Carnival will take care of ground transportation and hotel accommodations (if needed). Incidental expenses (meal and related costs) during a guest’s travel home will be guest’s responsibility.
We will protect your travel agent commission based on the full cost of the fare booked.
Carnival Cruise Line reserves the right to modify or withdraw the Great Vacation Guarantee at any time.
Effective August 1, 2018