Carnival Corporation Prohibited Items
To maintain a safe and secure shipboard environment by prohibiting certain items considered by the Company to be dangerous or that pose a risk to the crew, passengers or ship. In addition, please review Carnival Cruise Line Additional Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations.
Prohibited Items list
The following items are prohibited and their possession is not allowed on board any Company ship by passengers or crew without a valid lawful reason, unless required in direct support of ship operations, as part of a crew member's official duties, and only with consent of the Ship's Master.
- Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, and medical marijuana
- All firearms Including replicas, Imitations and their components
- Air, BB or pellet pistols or rifles
- Any other projectile-weapon (e.g. paint ball guns)
- All ammunition
- All explosives, including imitation explosives and devices
- Fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics (excluding those which are part of the vessel's lifesaving equipment and which have been properly manifested)
- Sharp pointed weapons including throwing stars
- Knives with a blade longer than 4 inches / 10.16 cm, any blade length that is prohibited by local laws/regulation and all concealed bladed weapons such as belt buckle knives, cane and umbrella knives/swords, pen knives, credit card knives, etc.
- Open razors or scissors with a blade longer than 4 inches / 10.16cm
- Skean, Dhus or Kirpans
- Spears or spear guns
- Crossbows, crossbow bolts and long bow arrows
- Blunt weapons including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, coshes, batons, flails or nunchaku
- Items containing incapacitating substances (e.g. gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable)
- Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals unless carried in limited quantities and in accordance with company instructions (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners etc.)
- Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon
- Stun devices
- Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, flat irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating / hot plates, etc.
- Any remotely controlled or autonomously flying devices, toys or drones
- Self-balancing hover boards , air wheels, scooters, or Segway’s (except those provided by the Company for shore excursions)
- Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and aerosol cans
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, communication scanners, wide-band receivers, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers