Carnival Cruise Line Additional Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival Cruise Line additionally prohibits the following items from being brought onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate or dispose of any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided. In addition, please review Carnival Corporation Prohibited Items.
Additional Prohibited Items
- Clothing irons and steamers (All Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)
- Electrical and household appliances, such as a coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, humidifier, etc. (see Exemptions below)
- Heating Pads
- Alcohol (hard liquor) and Beer
- Wine or champagne (sealed, unopened bottles brought on at embarkation) beyond the allowable limit of one 750 ml bottle per adult (21 years of age or older)
- Non-alcoholic beverages in containers other than a can or carton; excessive quantities per person (over 12 cans/cartons per person); excessive size per can/carton (over 12 ounces each)
- Large coolers
- Candles and Incense
- Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)
- Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches (Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook and quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department, but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.)
- Bicycles (see exemptions 'For Port Use Only' for folding bicycles)
- Surfboards, boats and canoes
- Scooters (only permitted if used for mobility – must be stored in guest’s stateroom)
- Inflatable Kiddie Pool
- Any footwear with wheels, such as, Heely’s type shoes
- Fish of any kind; if fish are caught during an excursion, they must be shipped home.
- Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons and shavers are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.
- Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.
- Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.
- Medical gas bottles/oxygen cylinders are allowed in connection with a certified medical condition but cannot be packed in baggage. Oxygen cylinders must be delivered to Guest Services and stored in a designated safe area.
- If you use a CPAP machine, please note you will need to pack your machine with your carry-on luggage. Should you wish to bring your own distilled water with you to use with your CPAP machine, it must be hand carried along with your CPAP machine. For your convenience, distilled water is sold on board for $3.00 USD per gallon by contacting Room Service.
- Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.
- Live Animals: Only qualified service animals once approved by Guest Access Services at time of booking.
- Flowers and Plants: Only permitted on board if ordered through Carnival’s Fun Shops or delivered by a florist in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.
- Musical Instruments: We will allow musical instruments on board, however, if a noise complaint is received, the instrument will be confiscated by shipboard security and returned to the guest on the last day of the cruise prior to debark.
- Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or earpieces when used in public areas.
- Ham Radios/Amateur Radio Equipment: Permitted to be used on board Carnival Cruise Line ships.
- Google Glasses are permitted on board in public areas but cannot be worn at any gangway operation.
- Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.
- Wrapped Gifts: Guests may bring wrapped gifts on board; however, due to heightened security, the gift may have to be unwrapped, upon request.
- Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play Units cannot be used with the TV in the guest's stateroom or suite as the connection ports are disabled.
- Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.
- Seashells may be brought onboard from the ports visited if they appear to be clean and sanitized and do not have the odor of a living organism.
For your reference, these items may be brought onboard but can only be used off the ship, while in port.
These items cannot be taken off the ship in the United States during the cruise or debarkation day.