Carnival Sensation (SE) Fact Sheet
Shipyard: Masa-Yards, Helsinki, Finland
Inaugural cruise: November 21, 1993
Godmothers: Four Carnival Cruise Line Vice Presidents: Vicki Freed, Roberta Jacoby, Cherie Weinstein and Gerry Donnelly
Country of registry: Bahamas
Cruising speed: 21.0 knots
- Gross tonnage: 70,367 tons
- Length: 855 feet
- Beam: 103 feet; 118 feet at pool deck
- Maximum draft: 25 feet, 6 inches
- Full guest occupancy: 2675
- Normal occupancy (based on 2 per cabin): 2056
- Passenger decks: 10
- Space ratio: 34:1
Total Officers and crew: 920
Hotel and cruise staff: International
- 28 ocean view balcony Grand Suites
- 26 ocean view balcony Junior Suites
- 98 ocean view balcony staterooms
- 468 ocean view twin/king staterooms
- 389 interior twin/king staterooms
- 19 interior upper/lower staterooms
- 1028 Total Guest Staterooms (25 modified for wheelchair users)
All staterooms feature: telephone, 110 AC power outlet, individual climate control, Carnival Comfort Bed Collection, safe and flat-screen TV
- Set of dual stabilizers
- 3 bow thrusters and 3 stern thrusters
- Individually controlled twin rudders
- Diesel electric propulsion system (6 medium speed engines developing approximately 50,000 HP).
Life Saving Equipment
Grand Total Lifesaving Capacity: 4470
- 12 Lifeboats (occupancy each: 150 / total occupancy: 1800)
- 6 Rescue / Water Shuttle Boats (occupancy each: 145 / total occupancy: 870)
- 36 Launchable Life Rafts (occupancy each: 25 / total occupancy: 900)
- 36 Life Rafts (occupancy each: 25 / total occupancy: 900)
- Dry Dock: 12/05/98-12/19/98
- Dry Dock: 12/03/00-12/17/00
- Dry Dock: 11/29/03-12/17/03
- Dry Dock: 10/17/05-10/31/05
- Dry Dock: 3/04/06-3/22/06
- Dry Dock: 1/08/09-2/11/09
- Dry Dock: 1/26/12-2/09/12
- Dry Dock: 2/12/15-2/26/15
- Dry Dock: 2/09/17-2/22/17
- Dry Dock: 1/06/20-1/17/20
Ship Refurbishments and Renovations
Renovations completed during dry dock: 2/09/17 - 2/22/17
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work
- Guy’s Burger Joint (replaced food service, Off the Grill and Rotisserie)
- BlueIguana Cantina (replaced food service, Mongolian Wok)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (replaced pool bar)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (replaced pool bar)
- Alchemy Bar (replaced Polo Lounge)
- Cherry On Top (replaced Special Occasion)
- Camp Ocean (replaced Camp Carnival)
- Crew area renovations
Renovations completed during dry dock: 2/12/15-2/26/15
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work in lounges and public areas
Renovation completed during dry dock: 1/26/12-2/09/12
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas
- Suite U69 converted and now ADA compliant
- Addition of 2 new ocean view cabins: R156 and R158 (completed 3/21/12)
Renovations completed during dry-dock: 1/08/09-2/11/09
- Installation of: Carnival WaterWorks, Serenity Adults-Only Area and Tropical-Style main pool area.
- Extensive stateroom upgrades to nearly 1,000 staterooms which will feature flat-screen televisions with an updated décor and new carpeting, wall coverings and light fixtures, as well as renovated bathrooms.
- 50 interconnecting staterooms will be added.
- Cosmetic enhancements to virtually all public rooms and areas, including the Fantasy and Ecstasy main dining rooms, the poolside Seaview Bar & Grille, Touch of Class piano bar, Oak Room library, and Kaleidoscope dance club.
- Addition of new facility for teens, a dedicated lounge for "Circle C".
- Guest corridors will be renovated.
- Internet access will be WIFI, bow to stern.
- 98 ocean view staterooms will be retrofitted with new balconies that will extend from the ship.
- 8 penthouse suites will be modified to feature extended balconies.
Renovations completed 3/22/06
- New nine-hole miniature golf course on Sun Deck.
- New Teen Club (Club O2) on Promenade Deck. 1600 square foot Children’s World play area located on Verandah Deck
- The aft lounge was reconfigured to house a new family recreation area featuring new audio/visual equipment for displaying movies and other programming.
- New art gallery on Empress Deck.
- New 1200 square foot conference room.
- New Patisserie offering specialty coffees and sweets on the Promenade Deck.
- New photo gallery on the Promenade Deck.
- Redesigned Internet Café will be located adjacent to the Purser’s/Information Desk on Empress Deck.
- Updated look and feel of the public lounges: new carpeting; enhanced sound system in the show rooms; new chairs in the Dining Rooms.
- The 12000 square foot Spa Carnival facility was renovated with new private treatment rooms, updated exercise equipment and a host of cosmetic enhancements.
- A new poker room was added to the Casino.
- A poolside stage has been relocated to a covered area on Lido Deck.
- Suites were refurbished to include an entirely new décor and completely remodeled bathrooms (categories 11/12).
Renovations completed 12/17/03
- New carpet in Atrium areas.
- A new tandem massage room was added in the Spa where two guests can have simultaneous massages.
- The Children's pool was refinished.
- The aft Verandah Deck pool and whirlpools were refinished.
- The Lido Restaurant was remodeled.
- The Grand Atrium Bar was constructed in the Empress Deck lobby area. The Spirals Teen Disco was constructed where the forward Promenade Deck Video Arcade was situated.
Renovations completed by 4/99
- New carpet in the casino and lobby landings throughout the ship.
- 3 massage rooms were built in the locker room area of the spa.
- 2 ladies changing rooms were added in the spa.
- New bedspreads and curtains were placed in all cabins.
- New chairs on the promenade deck.
- The video game room was expanded.
- New chairs in the Lido Restaurant.