Carnival Fascination (FS) Fact Sheet
Shipyard: Masa-Yards, Helsinki, Finland
Inaugural cruise: October 1, 1994
Godmother: Jeanne Farcus, Wife of Joe Farcus, Interior Architect of the Carnival Fleet.
Country of registry: Bahamas
Cruising speed: 21.0 knots
- Gross tonnage: 70,367 tons
- Length: 855 feet
- Beam: 103 feet; 118 feet at pool deck
- Maximum draft: 25 feet, 6 inches
- Full guest occupancy: 2675
- Normal occupancy (based on 2 per cabin): 2056
- Passenger decks: 10
- Space ratio: 34:1
- Total Officers and crew: 920
- Officers: Italian
- Hotel and cruise staff: International
- 28 ocean view balcony Grand Suites
- 26 ocean view balcony Junior Suites
- 98 ocean view balcony staterooms
- 468 ocean view twin/king staterooms
- 389 interior twin/king staterooms
- 19 interior upper/lower staterooms
- 1028 Total Guest Staterooms (24 modified for wheelchair users)
All staterooms feature: telephone, 110 AC power outlet, individual climate control, Carnival Comfort Bed Collection, safe and flat-screen TV
Life Saving Equipment
Grand Total Lifesaving Capacity: 4470
- 12 Lifeboats (occupancy each: 150 / total occupancy: 1800)
- 6 Rescue / Water Shuttle Boats (occupancy each: 145 / total occupancy: 870)
- 36 Launchable Life Rafts (occupancy each: 25 / total occupancy: 900)
- 36 Life Rafts (occupancy each: 25 / total occupancy: 900)
- Dry Dock: 5/04/99-5/14/99
- Dry Dock: 4/21/01-5/03/01
- Dry Dock: 9/26/03-10/16/03
- Dry Dock: 9/04/06-10/08/06
- Dry Dock: 1/04/10-2/01/10
- Dry Dock: 1/05/13-1/19/13
- Dry Dock: 3/14/15-3/28/15
- Dry Dock: 2/04/18-2/17/18
Ship Refurbishments and Renovations
Renovation completed during dry dock: 2/04/18 - 2/17/18
- Routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work, etc. in public areas
- Guy’s Burger Joint (replaced food service, Off the Grill)
- BlueIguana Cantina (replaced food service, Mongolian Wok)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (replaced pool bar)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (replaced pool bar)
- Alchemy Bar (replaced Beverly Hills Bar)
- Cherry On Top (replaced Special Occasion)
- Added Bonsai Sushi Express pop-up on Promenade Deck
Renovations completed during dry dock: 3/14/15-3/28/15
- Routine hotel maintenance
- Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall covering and tile work in lounges and public areas
Renovations completed during dry dock: 1/05/13-1/19/13
- Routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting and tile work in lounges and public areas
- Addition of 2 new ocean view staterooms: R156 and R158
Renovations completed during dry dock: 1/04/10-2/01/10
- an expansive new water park
- Serenity, an exclusive adults-only retreat
- a redesigned resort-style main pool area
- a Circle "C" facility for 12-14 year olds
- 98 balconies will be added to existing ocean view staterooms; several of the suites will be modified to feature a larger, extended balcony.
- Cosmetic enhancements will be made to public rooms and areas
- Add to the Lido Restaurant: Mongolian Wok and Rotisserie
- Upgrades to both main dining rooms; the forward dining room will be re-configured to accommodate “Your Time Dining”
Renovations completed 10/09/06
- All guest staterooms and suites will be refurbished to include completely remodeled bathrooms, new décor (carpeting/drapes/linens), the Carnival Comfort Bed and flat panel TV’s.
- New nine-hole miniature golf course on Sun Deck.
New Teen Club (Club O2) on Promenade Deck.
- 1,600 square foot Children’s World play area located on Verandah Deck
- Layout modifications and cosmetic upgrades that include carpeting and upholstery will be done in various public lounges including the aft lounge, the mainlounge and the casino.
- New art gallery on Empress Deck.
- New Atrium Lobby Bar will be installed on Empress Deck with space for a trio to play.
- New 1,200 square foot conference room on Promenade Deck.
- New Café on the Way offering specialty coffees and sweets on the Promenade Deck.
- New photo gallery on the Promenade Deck Atrium.
- Redesigned Internet Café will be located adjacent to the Purser’s Information Desk on Empress Deck
- The 12,000 square foot Spa Carnival facility will be renovated with new private treatment rooms, updated exercise equipment and a host of cosmetic enhancements.
- A poolside stage will be relocated to a covered area on Lido Deck.
An enclosed netted basketball court will be installed adjacent to the aft pool on Verandah Deck.