Self-Assist Program / Express Debarkation
The Self Assist Program permits guests who are capable of carrying off their own luggage and wish to do so, to disembark the ship as the first group. Upon completion of the Self Assist Program, general debarkation will begin.
Presently, we conduct this program at the following embarkation ports, with the consent of local authorities:
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Port Everglades)
- Galveston, Texas
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Long Beach, California
- Miami, Florida
- Mobile, Alabama
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- New York City, New York
- Norfolk, Virginia
- Port Canaveral, Florida
- San Juan, Puerto Rico *
- Seattle, Washington
- Tampa, Florida
* Only U.S Citizens may participate
In order to take advantage of the Self Assist Program, guests must meet the following requirements:
- Have travel documentation ready to show to U.S Customs Border and Protection (CBP) officers at the gangway as they disembark.
- Have all their belongings with them and be capable of carrying them off the ship on their own (self assist). Guests must truly be able to handle their luggage, including navigating stairs and escalators as they debark.
- Properly filled out U.S Customs Declaration Form, one per family, and family must present themselves together to the CBP officers.
- Any money owed for duty on purchases exceeding the duty-free allowance must be paid to the CBP officers onboard prior to debarking.