Carnival's Wi-Fi Service and HUB App
To keep you connected while at sea, every one of our ships provides satellite Internet access facilitated through the HUB Internet Café and through the bow-to-stern ship-wide Wi-Fi network.
What plans are offered?
We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans - simply purchase once you are onboard. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!
We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased onboard for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:
- Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.
- Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).
- Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.
Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu). Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.
To access Wi-Fi, simply turn on your device's Wi-Fi feature and you will receive the information needed. You can do this anywhere onboard the ship.
What restrictions are there?
Please note that as our services are carried via satellite; there are a few limitations compared to your home network.
- Satellite internet speed may vary depending on location and time of day
- Video streaming sites such as Hulu and Netflix are blocked
- Access to certain sites such as mature or violent content is blocked
- VPN connections are not supported - discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
What are some tips to improve the experience?
- Once you board, turn Airplane Mode ‘On’ and connect to Carnival Wi-Fi. By using Airplane Mode, you avoid roaming fees charged by your carrier. Airplane Mode is typically found in your phone’s Settings.
- To benefit from faster speeds, turn off background app data services and updates
- Discuss VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.
- Get the most from your cruise Internet time and your trip — make sure you are powered up and prepared before you board the ship with this handy pre-cruise checklist. Here are a few things you want to remember to pack for your cruise:
- Wi-Fi enabled laptop and mobile devices
- Power supply for each of the devices you are bringing with you
- Data cables to transfer pictures
Do you have public computers onboard?
All of our ships feature areas with publicly accessible computers, which are open twenty four hours a day. You may use your existing internet plan with them, if you have one. These are Microsoft Windows based PCs with standard internet browsers. They do not offer MS Office or other specific software. You may not install your own software on them. Printing is offered at no charge.
Carnival HUB App
What does the Carnival HUB App do?
The following features are available at the touch of your fingertips, for your entire cruise while on board your Carnival ship.
What's Happening: A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events, available for the full cruise as soon as you embark! Includes a “favorites” feature that also allows guests to see which events their sailing companions will attend.
Food & Drinks: A comprehensive list of delicious dining options and dining-related events, enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events. Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board.
Deck Plans: Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings.
Account Balance: Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance.
Pixels Photos: On the Carnival Horizon and Carnival Vista, you will be able to view your photos on the app and order digital or print copies.
Onboard Chat Access: The opportunity to chat with family & friends on board all cruise long from the comfort of your deck chair (this feature currently limited to ages 13+).
What is the App name ? How can I download it?
The name of the App is Carnival HUB app. Look for the app on Google Play and iTunes to download. You can also download the App from Carnival's website by clicking here.
Is the Carnival HUB app free?
The App is free to download and use on board. For a small additional fee ($5 USD for the voyage) the HUB App offers chat.
Do I need internet access to use the App? Do I have to pay roaming?
No internet purchase is required. The App works on Airplane Mode, which means guests do not incur roaming fees.
The App works with the ship’s free Wi-Fi.
How do I login to the Carnival Hub App? Where can I find my folio?
You may log in as soon as you arrive on board your Carnival ship! You’ll need your folio number (found on your sail and sign card) and Date-of-Birth.
Can minors use chat?
For safety reason, parents and guardians must give consent within the app for a guests 12 years and under to activate onboard chat.
Where do the features of the App work?
The App is available on all Carnival ships.
What devices does the App work on?
IOS/Apple iPhone versions supported: IOS 9.0 and up - this includes iPods
Android/Google versions supported: 4.4 (aka KitKat) and up
Can I use my tablet to run the Carnival Hub App?
Although the App is not optimized for tablets, it will function on both Android and Apple tablets.
Can I make dining reservations using the App? Can I see the dining menus?