Sail & Sign Onboard Account
Sail & Sign® is Carnival's cashless on board credit program, which allows guests to charge onboard purchases and gratuities directly to a personal account for convenience. The Sail & Sign Card must be utilized for all money transactions on board as cash will not be an accepted form of payment. General information along with program details and funding can be found below.
Personalized Sail & Sign cards are provided to all guests (including minors) and are valid for use immediately upon boarding the ship.
Guest Services can provide guests with a balance update at any time throughout the cruise. In addition, guests can view their balance update at a Sail & Sign kiosk and Carnival's HUB app.
We accept the following forms of payment to open a Sail & Sign account: Credit Cards / Debit Cards - Cash / Traveler's Checks
- Guests may activate their Sail & Sign account on Carnival.com, My Cruise Manager, Online Check-in prior to their cruise or on the first day of the cruise at embarkation.
- On embarkation day, an initial bank hold of up to $200 (depending on cruise length) is placed on all credit card and debit card accounts to verify that the card is valid:
- 2 - 6 day cruise: $100 USD for each stateroom charged using the same credit card or debit card
- 7 days or longer: $200 USD for each stateroom charged using the same credit card or debit card
- If the guest replaces a credit card or debit card previously used, the hold will remain on the account during the cruise and will remain on the account for one or more days after the cruise depending on the issuing bank's hold policy, limiting access to funds.
- As money is spent throughout the cruise, additional holds on bank funds are obtained. This will result in multiple amounts being held.
- If a credit card is presented, this will reduce the amount available on the credit card for other purchases.
- If a debit/check-cashing card is presented, the hold will restrict the available cash in the checking account.
- On the day the cruise returns, Carnival immediately settles the guest's account with their bank for the total amount of their onboard expenses. Holds will remain on the account for one or more days depending on the issuing bank's hold policy, limiting access to funds.
- For Debit Card Holders, if using this form of payment, the bank will process the final total spent on the guest's Sail & Sign account plus retain the bank holds processed, per the bank policy.
- The bank is responsible for releasing any pending holds from the guest's account.
- Please Note: Carnival is not able to expedite the release of bank holds. The guest will need to contact their bank for assistance.
- Visa Card and Visa Gift Card
- MasterCard and MasterCard Gift Card
- An ATM/Debit Cashing Card may be used as long as it is a registered MasterCard or Visa Card.
- The Discover Card and Discover Gift Card
- American Express Card and the Carnival Corporation Reward Card from American Express
- Diner's Club and Diner's Club Gift Card
- JCB Card only
Note: Gift Cards may also be referred to as 'secured' or 'pre-loaded' credit cards or 'Travel Funds Card'.
- Gift Cards and Travel Funds Cards issued by: American Express and Optima
- Keychain (mini) credit cards
- The American Express 'Persona Select'
- ATM/Debit Cashing Card other than those registered by MasterCard or Visa Card.
- Guests may activate their Sail & Sign account on Carnival.com, My Cruise Manager, Online Check-in, or on the first day of the cruise at embarkation.
- Guests must deposit cash (USD currency only) or Traveler's Checks (USD currency only) at Guest Services on the first day of the cruise. The following minimum cash deposits are recommended:
- 2 - 4 day cruise: $100 USD per person
- 5 - 8 day cruise: $200 USD per person
- 9 days or longer: $350 USD per person
- Guests may add additional cash to their account by visiting the Guest Services desk on board.
Please Note: If you need to change or confirm your initial payment option, go to Carnival.com and click on Manage My Booking. Log in and access Online Check-in, Onboard Expenses:
- If changing credit card number or debit card number, use DELETE feature and add new credit card or debit card information.
- If changing from cash to credit card/debit card or vice versa, use DELETE feature and change your payment preference.
Final Sail & Sign Statement
On the last morning of the cruise, a statement detailing all purchases made with the Sail & Sign card will be delivered to guest staterooms. In addition, guests can view their statement on Carnival's HUB app, at a Sail & Sign Kiosk or at Guest Services.
Refundable overages on a guest's Sail and Sign account will be refunded back in the same form of payment as was made for the initial deposit on the Sail & Sign account.
- Credit Card: If guests use a credit card for their Sail & Sign deposit, any refundable overages will be credited back to the original credit card account.
- Debit Card: if guests use a bank debit card for their Sail & Sign deposit, any refundable overages will be credited back to the original debit card account.
- Carnival Gift Card: If guests use a Carnival Gift Card for their Sail & Sign deposit, any refundable overages will be refunded in the form of a new Carnival Gift Card.
- Cash Deposits: If guests use cash for their Sail & Sign deposit, any refundable overages greater than $10 USD will be refunded via check mailed within 7 days after the cruise to the guest's home address on file. Overages less than $10 USD will be donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital® (excluding the Carnival Spirit® and Carnival Splendor® in Australia). This will be communicated on board during the Debarkation Talk and posted in the daily 'Fun Times'. If a guest wishes to have the full overage in cash, they may retrieve it from one of the Sail & Sign Kiosks or the Guest Services Desk. Refund checks will be reconciled by our shore side Refund Accounting team and distributed via PNC Bank (JPM Chase Bank for Carnival Spirit® and Carnival Splendor® Australia guests).
- The cardholding guest must be an authorized signer by the card-issuing bank.
- Each onboard expense account must have a designated account owner who must be sailing.
- The accont owner may choose to authorize additional guests from his/her booking and guests in up to two other traveling staterooms.
- A guest may only be activated on one account.
- Every guest must be a member of an account in order to obtain a complete Online Check-in status.
- Account owners must be at least 18 years of age at the time of sailing and will be automatically assigned charging privileges to the account.
- Minors must have an account. The account owner has the option to set spending limits or not allow charging privileges to their account. This can be set-up during Online Check-in or on board at the Guest Services Desk.
- Cruise service gratuities will be charged to the account unless they are prepaid.
- The amount charged to the account for service gratuities will be deemed undisputed unless a request to modify is received prior to disembarking the ship.
- If the credit/debit card method of payment is selected, charges incurred by those authorized will be billed to the credit/debit account entered.
- Actual credit/debit cards must be present at the time of embarkation.
- The cardholder is responsible for amended charges discovered after the authorized guest(s) disembark the vessel.
- Carnival will not be held responsible for any bank imposed overage or insufficient funds charges on debit/check cashing cards or credit cards.
- Any inquiries regarding your Sail & Sign account after your cruise, please contact Guest Care at email@example.com with a detailed email and include pertinent cruise information (guest name, ship, cruise departure date, booking number, stateroom number). If you are requesting an itemized statement, please fill out our form located on the footer of Carnival.com (under Customer Service), Post-Cruise Inquiries.