Camp Ocean Under-2 Children: Things to Know and Activiites
The Camp Ocean program is currently on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.
The Camp Carnival program is currently on the following ships: Carnival Elation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride and Carnival Sunshine. To view Camp Carnival: Things to Know and Activities - click here
CAMP OCEAN cannot accept children under the age of 2 unless they are turning 2 years old on the cruise. There are no age exceptions to this polcy. There are specific times on board each ship that under 2 year olds are welcome into the facility. Each ship operates differently based on the itinerary.
Sign In/Out Policy
- All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy.
- Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18.
- Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities.
- The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
- For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.
Cell phones are available to parents, complimentary, on a case by case basis. Parents will be called if the child is misbehaving, ill, seriously unhappy, asking continuously for their parents and in case of an emergency. The phone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign card if the phone is lost, damaged or broken.
All children aged 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Ocean activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own and meet their child, accompanied by the Youth Staff, at their muster station. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to be part of Camp Ocean or take part of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.
Kiddie Pool / Swimming Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Slides / Whirlpools
Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water facilities include kiddie pool, swimming pools, spray parks, WaterWorks, slides and whirlpools.
The Camp Ocean Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment and inhalers are permitted in the playroom; these items will be kept in a designated area in the playroom. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Ocean, the parents must return to administer the medication.
Children under-2 may not participate in the scheduled activities we offer to the other age groups. There are no age exceptions to this policy.
Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries
- Sea Days: Under-2 time is scheduled from 8:00am-10:00am. During this time, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (Fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child) – OR – during this time, parents can stay and use the Camp Ocean facilities at no charge. Please note that this time is designated for the use of Under 2’s and their parents only.
- Port Days: Care for infants begins from 15 minutes before the first tour until 12:00 noon (or from 1:00pm until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time). Port Days are for drop off only. Fees Apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.
Night Owls - for details and fees, see NightOwls (babysitting)
- Babysitting is available from 10:00pm to 1:00am. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls. Fees Apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.