Camp Ocean (9-11 Years) Sharks: Things to Know and Activities
The Camp Ocean program is currently on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.
The Camp Carnival program is currently on the following ships: Carnival Elation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride and Carnival Sunshine. To view Camp Carnival: Things to Know and Activities - click here.
Sign In/Out Policy
- All children in this age group must be registered with Camp Ocean in order to participate in the activities.
- Parents have the option whether or not they will allow their 9-11 Years to sign themselves in/out. If they choose to allow their child to sign in/out, the child will join the activity and when ready to leave, must write the time and reason for leaving. If the parents choose not to allow their 9-11 Years to sign themselves in/out, the same policy as for 2-8 Years applies where parents/legal guardians or authorized adults (over the age of 18 years) can sign in/out upon presenting their Sail & Sign card.
- Children who are not allowed to sign themselves in/out will not be able to participate in unsupervised scavenger hunts (listed in their Activity Schedule) but will stay behind with the Youth Staff and participate in an alternative activity.
- Camp Ocean is not responsible for children 9 years old and over once they have signed themselves out of a Camp Ocean activity.
- After 10:00pm, 9-11 Years must be picked up by their parents/legal guardians from Night Owls.
The Camp Ocean Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment/nebulizers and inhalers are permitted in Camp Ocean; these items will be kept in a designated area of Camp Ocean. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Ocean, the parents must return to administer the medication.
All children 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Ocean activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Camp Ocean provides supervised ‘Kids Only’ dinners every evening (6:00pm-6:45pm – time may vary) of the cruise except on the first evening. These dinners take place in the Lido Restaurant. Some of the menu choices include macaroni and cheese, pizza, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, fruit and Jell-O.
Parents are encouraged to pick up their children for all other meals on sea days as lunch is not provided. On port days, Camp Ocean children signed in will be provided lunch if their parents are ashore.
In the Dining Room, the children's menu features a wide variety of kid favorites, including hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, French fries and banana splits, along with a ‘Daily Special’ offering something new and different each day. The menus are included on the back page of a fun coloring/activity book featuring word finds, mazes, tic-tac-toe, crossword puzzles, connect the dots and other games. Crayons are also provided.
Hour may vary due to cruise itineraries.
- Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm; 2:00pm-5:00pm; 7:00pm-10:00pm. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Port Days: We offer programming during our stay in port so parents are able to sightsee while kids are having fun in Camp. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Evenings: Night Owls and Late Night Parties - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting). From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the Camp facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. 6-11 year olds have fun playing video games, Arts & Crafts and more. In addition to the Night Owls program, on select evenings of the cruise, we have additional parties which offer fun, memories and great value.
Activities may include:
- PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Wii
- Music Jeopardy, Name that Song and Sound it Out
- Ocean themed arts and crafts and games
- Design your own cruise ship
- Shark Art
- Giant Ocean Wall Mural
- Inner tube relays
- Scavenger hunts
- Ocean Origami
- Bingo for prizes
- Dance parties
- Pirates, Stars and Planets
- Tee-shirt decorating
- Basketball, volleyball and many other outdoor games
- Spin Art and Sandy Art
- Fun @ Sea (10:00pm-1:00am; fees apply): this activity may include pizza pig-out, midnight sports, dance off and more
Camp Ocean also promotes fun filled vacation experiences for the entire family so we also offer a selection of family activities which may include:
- Family Welcome Aboard Party
- Family scavenger hunt
- Family Game On!
- Build a Bear at Sea (fees apply)