Camp Ocean (2-5 Years) Penguins: Things to Know and Activities
Camp Ocean is our fleet wide Children's Program. At Camp Ocean, 2-11 year olds stay busy, keep active and have fun as they enjoy ocean-themed activities and entertainment made for kids. We put campers into age-based groups with counselors, each with education or childcare experience.
Sign In/Out Policy
- Children must be registered with Camp Ocean in order to participate in the activities.
- All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy.
- Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18.
- Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities.
- The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
- For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.
Complimentary cell phones are available to parents on a case by case basis. The phone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign card if the phone is lost, damaged or broken.
Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to take part in Camp Ocean or take part of the Night Owls services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child. However, children over the age of 3 will not be changed by the Youth Staff. The parents will be provided with a phone and must return when paged to sign the child out of activities and change them. The child may then return to activities.
Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Slides / Whirlpools
Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water facilities include pools, spray parks, WaterWorks, slides and whirlpools.
The Camp Ocean Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment/nebulizers and inhalers are permitted in Camp Ocean; these items will be kept in a designated area of Camp Ocean. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Ocean, the parents must return to administer the medication.
All children 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Ocean activities will be taken to the kids’ assembly area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Camp Ocean provides supervised ‘Kids Only’ dinners every evening (6:00pm-6:45pm – time may vary) of the cruise except on the first evening. These dinners take place in the Lido Restaurant. Some of the menu choices include macaroni and cheese, pizza, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, fruit and Jell-O.
Parents are encouraged to pick up their children for all other meals on sea days as lunch is not provided. On port days, Camp Ocean children signed in will be provided lunch in the Lido Restaurant if their parents are ashore.
In the Dining Room, the children’s menu features a wide variety of kid favorites along with two ‘Daily Specials’ offering something new and different each day:
- Entrees and Sides: Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Nuggets, Peanut Butter + Jelly Sandwich, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce, Chicken Noodle Soup, French Fries and Fresh Veggies
- Desserts: Banana Split, Assorted Cookies, Fresh Fruit Cocktails, Ice Cream and Jello
Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries
- Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-5:00pm and 7:00pm-10:00pm. This service is complimentary.
- Port Days: Supervised free play begins from port arrival until approximately 2:00pm; scheduled activities resume at 2:00pm until 10:00pm. This service is complimentary.
Night Owls / Late Night Parties - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting)
- Each evening (10:00pm-1:00am) in the Camp Ocean facility, we offer babysitting with a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys, video games and room service snacks.
- In addition to the Night Owls program, on select evenings of the cruise we have additional parties which offer fun, memories and great value.
Activities may include:
- Ocean themed arts and crafts and games
- Penguin Palooza: penguin costume making, parade and sing-a-long songs
- Sea Creature Aerobics
- Paper Bag Whale creation
- Ocean songs sing-a-long
- Ocean Bingo
- Musical Icebergs
- Sing-a-longs: music and movement activities
- Play-Doh sculpture time
- Picture bingo: bingo for prizes/candy
- Story time: A-B-Seas reading and story time
- Dr. Seuss
- Mr. Potato Head
- Face painting during themed activities
- Tee-shirt decorating
- Kids dance parties
- Indoor ball games, parachute games and kids Aerobics
- Owl Jams party featuring music, dancing, games and snacks
- Build a Bear at Sea (fees apply)
- Movie nights
- and more...