Camp Carnival (9-11 Years): Things to Know and Activities
The Camp Carnival program is currently on the following ships: Carnival Elation, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride and Carnival Sunshine.
The Camp Ocean program is currently on the following ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista. To view Camp Ocean: Things to Know and Activities - click here.
Sign In/Out Policy
- All children in this age group must be registered with Camp Carnival in order to participate in the activities.
- Parents have the option whether or not they will allow their 9-11 Years to sign themselves in/out. If they choose to allow their child to sign in/out, the child will join the activity and when ready to leave, must write the time and reason for leaving. If the parents choose not to allow their 9-11 Years to sign themselves in/out, the same policy as for 2-8 Years applies where parents/legal guardians or authorized adults (over the age of 18 years) can sign in/out upon presenting their Sail & Sign card.
- Children who are not allowed to sign themselves in/out will not be able to participate in unsupervised scavenger hunts (listed in their Activity Schedule) but will stay behind with the Youth Staff and participate in an alternative activity.
- Camp Carnival is not responsible for children 9 years old and over once they have signed themselves out of a Camp Carnival activity.
- After 10:00pm, 9-11 Years must be picked up by their parents/legal guardians from Night Owls.
The Camp Carnival Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment/nebulizers and inhalers are permitted in Camp Carnival; these items will be kept in a designated area of Camp Carnival. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Carnival, the parents must return to administer the medication.
All children 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Carnival activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Camp Carnival provides supervised ‘Children’s Only’ dinners every evening (6:00pm-6:45pm – ships may vary) of the cruise except on the first evening. These dinners take place in the Lido Restaurant. Some of the menu choices are macaroni and cheese, pizza, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, fruit and Jello.
Parents are encouraged to pick up their children for all other meals on sea days as lunch is not provided. On port days, Camp Carnival children signed in will be provided lunch if their parents are ashore.
In the Dining Room, the children's menu features a wide variety of kids' favorites, including hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, French fries and banana splits, along with a ‘Daily Junior Special’ offering something new and different each day. The menus are included on the back page of a fun coloring/ activity book featuring word finds, mazes, tic-tac-toe, crossword puzzles, connect the dots and other games. Crayons are also provided.
Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries
- Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm; 2:00pm-5:00pm; 7:00pm-10:00pm. This service is complimentary.
- Port Days: Supervised free play begins from port arrival until approximately 2:00pm; scheduled activities resume at 2:00pm until 10:00pm. This service is complimentary.
Night Owls / Late Night Parties - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting)
- From 10:00pm-1:00am every evening of the cruise, the Night Owls program will be offered; 9-11 years have fun playing video games, Arts & Crafts and more.
- In addition to the Night Owls program, on select evenings of the cruise, we have additional parties which offer fun, memories and great value.
Activities for ages 9-11 may include:
- PlayStation 2/3 and Nintendo Wii
- Sea Notes – featuring, Music Jeopardy, Sound It Out and Making the Band
- Water Colors Activities – featuring, Mono-printing, Out and About and Sketch Trail
- DVD Bingo for prizes
- Kids Disco
- Pizza Pig-Out
- Edu-Cruise – featuring, Maya Mania, Pirates and more
- H2Ocean – featuring, Make your Own Ice Cream, Twirler-Whirler, Stir it Up and Rainbow Combinations
- Kids talent show
- Tee-shirt decorating
- ExerSeas – featuring, basketball, water balloon, volleyball and many other outdoor games
- Swimming Under the Stars
- Late Night 9-11's Hang - Featuring PS2's
- Spin Art, Sand Art and Candy Art
- ‘Fun @ Sea Til’ One’: This activity may include video arcade, Capture the Flag, Freaky Food Challenge and much more (fees apply).
We also offer a wide variety of activities throughout the cruise. Activities include:
- ‘Fun @ Sea Til’ One’ (fees apply)
- Tee-shirt decorating
- DVD Bingo
- Scavenger hunts
- Kids dance parties
- Video Arcade
Camp Carnival likes to promote fun filled vacation experiences for the whole family and to do this we offer a selection of family activities. Some activities may include:
- Family Welcome Aboard Party
- Ice Cream eating contests
- Kids talent show
- Family scavenger hunt
- Family Name that Tune
- Family Karaoke
- Cookie decorating
- Build a Bear at Sea (fees apply; on applicable ships, on cruises 5 days and longer)