Camp Carnival (6-8 Years): Things to Know and Activities
The Camp Carnival program is currently on the Carnival Sunshine.
The Camp Ocean program is on all other ships. To view Camp Ocean: Things to Know and Activities - click here.
Sign In/Out Policy
- Children must be registered with Camp Carnival in order to participate in the activities.
- All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy.
- Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18.
- Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities.
- The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
- For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.
Complimentary cell phones are available to parents on a case by case basis. The phone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign card if the phone is lost, damaged or broken.
The Camp Carnival Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment/nebulizers and inhalers are permitted in Camp Carnival; these items will be kept in a designated area of Camp Carnival. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Carnival, the parents must return to administer the medication.
All children 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Carnival activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Camp Carnival provides supervised ‘Children’s Only’ dinners every evening (6:00pm-6:45pm – ships may vary) of the cruise except on the first evening. These dinners take place in the Lido Restaurant. Some of the menu choices are macaroni and cheese, pizza, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, fruit and Jello.
Parents are encouraged to pick up their children for all other meals on sea days as lunch is not provided. On port days, Camp Carnival children signed in will be provided lunch in the Lido Restaurant if their parents are ashore.
In the Dining Room, the children's menu features a wide variety of kids' favorites, including hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, French fries and banana splits, along with a ‘Daily Junior Special’ offering something new and different each day. The menus are included on the back page of a fun coloring/ activity book featuring word finds, mazes, tic-tac-toe, crossword puzzles, connect the dots and other games. Crayons are also provided.
Hour may vary due to cruise itineraries.
- Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm; 2:00pm-5:00pm; 7:00pm-10:00pm. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Port Days: We offer programming during our stay in port so parents are able to sightsee while kids are having fun in Camp. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Evenings: Night Owls and Late Night Parties - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting). From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the Camp facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. 6-11 year olds have fun playing video games, Arts & Crafts and more. In addition to the Night Owls program, on select evenings of the cruise, we have additional parties which offer fun, memories and great value.
Activities may include:
- PlayStation 2/3 and Nintendo Wii
- Spin Art, Sand Art and Candy Art
- Face painting - during themed activities
- Kids talent show
- ExerSeas - ball games, Mini Olympics, water balloon games and more
- Edu-Cruise Activities – featuring, Rockets, Turtles and Knight's Night
- H2Ocean Activities – featuring, Make Your Own Ice Cream, Goop and Cosmic Catch
- Sea Notes Activities – featuring, Rock Star Night, Karaoke and Feel the Music
- Water Colors Activities – featuring, Value Drawing, Print Making and Name That Tune
- DVD Prize Bingo for prizes
- ‘Fun Til’ One’ Party (fees apply) – featuring, Freaky Food Fear Factor, bead making, games and more
- Tee-shirt decorating
Theme Nights and Theme Character Activities
Our program includes a large variety of themed activities. Many of these activities are based on educational experiences but the main focus is on having fun. Some of these activities include:
- Alien Invasion
- Camp Out Night
- Jurassic Park
- Magic / Harry Potter
Some of our Character Activities may include:
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Super Hero's
Games and Activities
We also offer a wide variety of games and activities throughout the cruise. Activities include:
- Kids talent show
- Spelling Race
- Go Fetch
- ‘Fun Til’ One’ Party (fees apply)
- T-Shirt decorating
- Face painting and much more
Camp Carnival likes to promote fun filled vacation experiences for the whole family and we offer a selection of family activities. Some activities may include:
- Family welcome aboard party
- Ice cream eating contests
- Kids talent show
- Family scavenger hunt
- Family Name that Tune
- Family karaoke
- Cookie decorating
- Build a Bear at Sea (fees apply)